fuel rail schrader valve fitting for fuel pressure gauge

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the fitting is that is needed to put a fuel pressure sensor/gauge on the schrader valve on the rail? I have tried 3 different autoparts stores and ace and non of them have anything close to that small.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks I decided to hit the easy button and ordered it on amazon. Someday I hope to understand all the thread crap on screws/pipes/ect...

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Yep sucks you can't buy something like that in town most of the time. I looked everywhere before I realized I had to order it offline.

Defiant

Reaction score
At least it’s NPT. I hate when manufacturers use British standard pipe thread! Try finding that locally anywhere.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the fitting you purchased? I'm looking to add an electric fuel pressure gauge myself. The kit I'm going with has a 1/8-27 NPT fitting. So, I need the schrader valve 90 degree adapter that works for this sending unit thread.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Keep in mind they do not make 45 or 90 in that size
From the 1/8 you can install elbows and connections

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
I am finally getting around to putting some parts together to run a fuel rail pressure gauge. Just to confirm, remove this fuel rail service port Schrader valve, and install the 1/16 to 1/8 adapter, then install electric sensor? Doesn't seem to cosmic, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Attachments

• IMG_8574.JPG
    IMG_8574.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
And what's the normal fuel psi? I'm looking at a couple gauges. One is a 30 psi gauge and the other is a 100 psi gauge. Another forum said normal psi for a stock configuration is around 40 psi. Does that sound right?

maillemaker

Reaction score
How did your install go? I assume the Schrader valve is removable. You say it is 1/16 NPT? I am installing a digital fuel gauge that uses 1/8 NPT. I was going to thread in a T so that I could have the pressure sensor and another Schrader valve so I don't lose the ability to bleed the system if necessary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online