Fuel Rail search

az97cobra

Reaction score
I've got a mildly port PI headed, mild cam 97 sohc that puts out only about 275rwhp. This is fine for my class road racing. My stock fuel rail sprung a leak and I'm not finding a suitable replacement even on ebay. I don't want to spend upwards of $300 on fuel rails when the stock is sufficient. My tuner suggested I avoid professional products. So could someone suggest an alternative reasonably low cost rail I could buy.
thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pro products is on the lower end. If your going aftermarket then I really would not recommend going cheap. Is the fuel pressure regulator mounted to the rail like it is on the pushrods? IF so then don't forget you will need a new regulator, a place to mount it and all the plumbing bits between the two which add up quick. If you are not looking for a big horsepower jump later then I would keep looking for stock rails.

Where is the rail leaking from?

OP
OP
A

az97cobra

Reaction score
Looks to be leaking from where the hose meets the rail. I thought I could pick up a stock easily at the salvage but even in my fairly large city they couldn't find one

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
can you see a crack or where its coming out of or is it just seeping out around the side of the connection?

95opal

Reaction score
If ya cant find a stock replacement i would look into fore innovations rails.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
I would get new o rings before paying for new rails. Unless they get damaged or rust out they don't usually go bad. Normally aspirated really doesn't need anything more.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would get new o rings before paying for new rails. Unless they get damaged or rust out they don't usually go bad. Normally aspirated really doesn't need anything more.
this is where I was hoping it would lead to. You really do not have enough hp to need bigger rails

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online