Fuel supply question

st4ng07

Reaction score
Ok recently I switched some plans with my car...instead of getting a pi engine. I plan to do the pi swap. I plan on getting the pi swap from steenracing, I want to go with stage 2 porting on the heads. Now will I have to upgrade my fuel delivery system?Will my trans be able to hold this kind of power?Do you reccomend upgrading the axles also?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
st4ng07 said:
Ok recently I switched some plans with my car...instead of getting a pi engine. I plan to do the pi swap. I plan on getting the pi swap from steenracing, I want to go with stage 2 porting on the heads. Now will I have to upgrade my fuel delivery system?Will my trans be able to hold this kind of power?Do you reccomend upgrading the axles also?

allow me to help you out with this..........Ill move it to the RIGHT section ( 4.6 ) :D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OK now that I have this in the right area where it will be seen, :D

With the PI swap I dont think you need to upgrade your fuel set up other than maybe putting in 24lb injectors and if you wanted to getting a new pump.....like a 110 or something like that. The trans will be fine as well as the rear, but doing some mods to it would only make it better, but its not necessary.

OP
OP
S

st4ng07

Reaction score
Ok cool. But I plan on getting the stage 2 ported heads? Would it still really matter. I plan to get it dyno tuned.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
st4ng07 said:
Ok cool. But I plan on getting the stage 2 ported heads? Would it still really matter. I plan to get it dyno tuned.

the head port work isint going to add a HUGE amount of hp, probally 15-25hp at BEST so you would be fine. Getting it on the dyno and a good tune is a MUST to get the most out of your new PI set-up. Are you going to run aftermarket cams, or the stock PI ones?

OP
OP
S

st4ng07

Reaction score
Well I dont think im going to port the heads after finding some more research and cost of!!So I will just do a pi swap, then an aftermarket set of cams. I was thinking the Comp Cams XE274's.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
st4ng07 said:
Well I dont think im going to port the heads after finding some more research and cost of!!So I will just do a pi swap, then an aftermarket set of cams. I was thinking the Comp Cams XE274's.

that is the mid cam of thier set, they should work nicely with full bolt-ons you should be around the 300rwhp mark. :)

96gt226410

Reaction score
What gets better power: P&P PI Heads with stock cams or Stock PI Heads with VT Stage 2 cams?

Rantheman

Reaction score
if you were just doing a p.i. swap your fuel system will be fine. If you plan on putting a good set of cam in and more mods I would recomend at least 24lb injectors a adj fuel pressure regulator a fuel pressure guage and a fuel pump or you can go more if you plan on building a very high output motor

OP
OP
S

st4ng07

Reaction score
Ok, so with a cam Im going to have to upgrade my fuel system. So just go with an svt focus fuel pump, an adjustable fuel regulator. And bigger injectors..Also I plan on doing the swap my self, I know I need to get it dyno tuned. Would it be fine to drive the car to the shop or should I get it trailered?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online