FUEL SYSTEM ADVICE FOR A TURBOCHARGED 500WRHP STOCK 302?

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Hey guys the title says it all. I am preparring to start my turbo build here in the next couple of weeks as the parts are rolling in and money, lol. I just wanted to know what you guys think as far as my fuel system combo i have in mind in order to make 500rwhp on my stock 302. Basically its a pro turbo kit hot & coldside w/ MP T70 w/ .68a/r. I am wanting to run 80mm mas air w/ 42lb inj, with 255 in tank fuel pump, & a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. Will this fuel system setup make 500+ to the wheels or do i need to add a fmu or another fuel pump, like in line fuel pump. All your suggestions and advice are much appreciated. Also one off subject question I have is do you guys run exhaust wrap on the turbo pipes? I heard they warp the pipes quicker, but am unsure how long it takes to warp the pipes with the wrap on? thanks for all your answers in advance! :)

G

GREG@SN95

500 HP will kill the tranny,
w/ sticky tire will kill the rear and axles

and I doubt you could run that kind of boost with stock internals... safely...

basicly what I'm saying is... you can't just slap a turbo on a stock mustang, and run 500 HP without killing the rest of the car

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i have to agree with greg... i mean it can be done and it has been done on stock everything the tune has to be pefect or else caboom....your fuel system sounds good to me make sure you get the high pressure 255 walbro pump not the regular 255.....maybe loook into some aftermarket fuel rails also... a buddy of mine broke 10.8 on a stock shortblock but he knows what hes doin and his tune is awesome soo just make sure you find yourself a good tuner... just be prepared to have thigns break down on you.... trust me 420-450 hp to the wheels is more then enough to keep you happy on the street

jbeez

Reaction score
On another note, I have a brand new maf calibrated for 42# injectors if you're interested. I ended up going a different route and I just have it sitting here, have pics and everything, got it for sale on another board. PM me if you want it for your project.

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
The guys in MM&FF, used a HP performance turbo kit on a 5.0 with 200,000, and made over 550 with stock internals, and injectors. They did put a new H/C/I on there. I know some of you may call BS but check their site.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'd run a 255 lph in-tank, and another 255 lph in-line as well for 500 rwhp with boost.

42 lb injectors will be fine.

I'd have the piping coated rather than wrapping it, but that's up to you. You could always get a turbo blanket for the hot side.

A buddy of mine has a turbo setup very similar to yours in his notch. With TFS TW heads, TFS1 cam, a GT40 intake and I believe 10 psi he is putting down 470 rwhp and runs 11.60s.

Paul.

Reaction score
I would give my 2 cents if this thread wasnt from 07 and if that car wasnt for sale on ebay, :hammer:

and in our classified section, lol

Nestromo

Reaction score
I didn't read all of the replies, but a T-Rex inline and a 255 in tank will take you all the way to 600 at the tires, but the more fuel system te better. If I had the money I would do the whole thing. In fact I have an Aeromotive sumped tank sitting in the garage chillin but I have decided to go the route mentioned above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online