Fuel System is screwed please help!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
uh, yeah so i just put my off road h on. and whenever i was going down this road i bottomed out on the ground and apparantally split my rear 02 sensor wires completely open on the street, all 4 wires were exposed and touching whenever i stopped. as soon as i made contact with the ground my car instatally died and would not start. i knew i was screwed... the fuel pump quit working, thats what i knoticed so far and have no idea how to fix it... or even where to start. it was towed to the shop this morning so there goes my pi swap money.... :lame:

if anyone has any advice or maybe happened before or something please drop a reply.

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
Willis_98GT:

Capt. Obvious (me): O2 sensors shorted out and took other things out at the same time. The Haynes manual has schematics of the electrical circuits so you might be able to track things down that way. I am just not too electrically inclined so my help is limited (for YOUR own good, lol).

If you can look at the fuses (inside panel and the under hood panel), you might find that the FP fuse blew (good news), maybe the PCM fuse (it is adjacent to the FP fuse in the engine bay fuse panel), too. It might not be a huge shop bill after all.

Chris

S

scarface

or just unplug them to see if it will run after the fuse is replaced...wont run correctly, but wont blow the fuse.

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
i already tried to unhook it to start the car and it wouldn't run. its sitting at a shop now.

S

scarface

no I mean unplug them, THEN replace the blown fuses, then start.

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
i wish i would have thought of that while i had the car, oh well.. i was so pissed off at the time. we checked the fuses in the engine bay and they all seemed to be all right, i even switched the relays around just to see if one of those had popped.. but it didn't. i just hope its not a insane repair bill now because its at a shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online