Fuel system

94GT363

Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forum, seem's like the best place to ask question's and learn since I'am a fellow sn-95er :headbang:

Looking for some solid advice as far as redoing entire fuel system, what should I get sorta thing.

Here's some of the main components in my 94 GT so you guy's know what I'am working with.

-Dart 363 ci NA
-8:5:1 compression "Originally built for boost, NA for now"
-TFS Stage 1 cam
-TFS Lower intake
-TFS Box R series upper intake
-44 lbs injector's
-70mm BBK TB " Will be converting to foxbody style for 90mm TB"
-3 1/2 intake tubing
-SCT Mass air
-SCT tuned
- 1 5/8 BBK longtubes, Flowmaster super 40s and high flow cats.
-Taylor spark wires
-Motorcraft plug's
- MSD ignition box /coil

With everything that's currently on the car it was dynoed just under 400 rwhp. The tuner mentioned that the fuel pump wasn't up to par and needed to be replaced "Was already over budget at the time"... no idea what's currently in it. I don't want to just replace a couple fuel components. The way I look at it is if I were to just to replace pump and filter, that's like drinking pop with a rusty straw lol.

I've come across this entire fuel system kit Aeromotive 86-98.5 A1000 5.0L Mustang Stealth Fuel System

Would it be ok to run that pump or will it be overkill? If not will it work ok with my injector's? I figured the Aeromotive 340lph would be perfect for me but doesn't come in that kit at least I don't think.

I haven't drove the car much but when I have after it get's to operating temperature, accelerating from a stop it'll buck/hesitate really bad.. Will be picking up a fuel pressure tester today to see what's up, what should the psi be on a engine like that? whether it something to do with fuel system or not I want to replace it anyway's.

Thank's for taking the time to read this, appreciate the help!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forum, seem's like the best place to ask question's and learn since I'am a fellow sn-95er :headbang:

Looking for some solid advice as far as redoing entire fuel system, what should I get sorta thing.

Here's some of the main components in my 94 GT so you guy's know what I'am working with.

-Dart 363 ci NA
-8:5:1 compression "Originally built for boost, NA for now"
-TFS Stage 1 cam
-TFS Lower intake
-TFS Box R series upper intake
-44 lbs injector's
-70mm BBK TB " Will be converting to foxbody style for 90mm TB"
-3 1/2 intake tubing
-SCT Mass air
-SCT tuned
- 1 5/8 BBK longtubes, Flowmaster super 40s and high flow cats.
-Taylor spark wires
-Motorcraft plug's
- MSD ignition box /coil

With everything that's currently on the car it was dynoed just under 400 rwhp. The tuner mentioned that the fuel pump wasn't up to par and needed to be replaced "Was already over budget at the time"... no idea what's currently in it. I don't want to just replace a couple fuel components. The way I look at it is if I were to just to replace pump and filter, that's like drinking pop with a rusty straw lol.

I've come across this entire fuel system kit Aeromotive 86-98.5 A1000 5.0L Mustang Stealth Fuel System

Would it be ok to run that pump or will it be overkill? If not will it work ok with my injector's? I figured the Aeromotive 340lph would be perfect for me but doesn't come in that kit at least I don't think.

I haven't drove the car much but when I have after it get's to operating temperature, accelerating from a stop it'll buck/hesitate really bad.. Will be picking up a fuel pressure tester today to see what's up, what should the psi be on a engine like that? whether it something to do with fuel system or not I want to replace it anyway's.

Thank's for taking the time to read this, appreciate the help!

I believe your stock fuel system in terms of the feed/return lines will support around 500 whp with proper injectors, pump, etc. For your combination, as is, there isn't a need to the A1000 kit. *IF* you are planning to add some sort of forced induction, and I'd hope so with a 8.5:1 CR, then you wouldn't ever have another fuel concern again. That said, the stock setup with a 340 lph fuel pump is quite sufficient.

We always set the base fuel pressure in my GT @ 36 psi and adjusted accordingly on the dyno.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The biggest questions is future plans. As white said, for now it’s overkill but wouldn’t hurt your current setup. But if you plan on boosting then it’s a good setup to purchase.

You can piece systems together for cheaper if you wanna do the legwork and source all of your own parts, but the kits are nice for the extra money just to know that it’s all there and all warranted by one company in the event of failure.

So with that being said, what’s your plans???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just finished a fuel upgrade. I looked at the aeromotive kit but then came across the trickflow kit, made by aeromotive.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...cNjKBuWKRT_NNRQQS_H2n31t8Zw69FTQaAgEREALw_wcB

The only complaint about it is hooking that huge rail to the stock lines is that your still sucking it through a very long straw so I went back to the tank with new lines. Good news for you is that I changed my mind mid way and went with an external fuel pump after I already got the pro m hanger to match the 340lph pump I had barely used. If you want the gently used pump and the never opened hanger hit me up with a pm and we can work it out.

http://www.promracing.com/high-flow-fuel-pump-hanger-for-1986-1997-mustangs.html

OP
OP

94GT363

Reaction score
The biggest questions is future plans. As white said, for now it’s overkill but wouldn’t hurt your current setup. But if you plan on boosting then it’s a good setup to purchase.

You can piece systems together for cheaper if you wanna do the legwork and source all of your own parts, but the kits are nice for the extra money just to know that it’s all there and all warranted by one company in the event of failure.

So with that being said, what’s your plans???

Forced induction is definitely something I want to do at some point. Thinking about a turbo. Running that low CR, is it bad to drive it NA too much?

I tried searching the web for that 03-04 cobra fuel tank, not many options "Prefer a reputable source".. I don't see Aeromotive offering that tank solo on their website unless I'am blind lol. If it was a little easier to find I'd probably just piece something together with that 340 lph. Glad to see that A1000 kit won't effect anything with the current setup "is that because it's a return system?" and that's exactly what I was thinking as far as warranty!

Another important question. What are the 94-95 guy's doing with heavily modified engine's when it come's to diagnostic's? I've had all sorts of fancy handheld scanners unable to pull code's when CEL is on. If been told this is a common thing with the 94-95 ECU's? I've been looking at the Pro-M management system, look's like the real deal... switches to OBII and use's factory code's. Any experience with that product?

OP
OP

94GT363

Reaction score
I just finished a fuel upgrade. I looked at the aeromotive kit but then came across the trickflow kit, made by aeromotive.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...cNjKBuWKRT_NNRQQS_H2n31t8Zw69FTQaAgEREALw_wcB

The only complaint about it is hooking that huge rail to the stock lines is that your still sucking it through a very long straw so I went back to the tank with new lines. Good news for you is that I changed my mind mid way and went with an external fuel pump after I already got the pro m hanger to match the 340lph pump I had barely used. If you want the gently used pump and the never opened hanger hit me up with a pm and we can work it out.

http://www.promracing.com/high-flow-fuel-pump-hanger-for-1986-1997-mustangs.html

Ah nice! Didn't see that kit, will look into that... just need to find my 03-04 cobra tank :p

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can order the cobra tanks from glens performance.

That low of compression doesn’t hurt anything. It just isn’t making anywhere near the power it’s designed for.

Ttocs just finished his Holley install. He and a few others are using it and it’s what I’ll probably end up using with my big turbo build.

95opal

Reaction score
With your combo and forced induction in the future I would tackle the entire fuel system now. A1000 pump, sump the stock tank, 10an feed 8an return A1000 boost referenced regulator and a set of bbrc rails. injectors you can upgrade when you go forced induction and at that point id look at 120s.

OP
OP

94GT363

Reaction score
I haven't gone ahead and ordered anything yet. Came across some thread's regarding the A1000 pump not being very reliable, so I'am unsure exactly what to do lol. The Aero 340 seem's to have the best review's, maybe run duel 340's with everything else in that kit? Just gunna continue doing research for now, appreciate the help/advice.

I just noticed that my stock FPR has no vacuum line attack to the nipple. There's literally a 1/8 gap from nipple to underside of upper intake, I'am assuming this is a problem lol. I bought the motor from a performance shop and had them install it to make sure it ran, wondering why they didn't give me a head's up that I needed different rail's and FPR. I haven't driven the car much as I want to do a few other thing's first and maybe that is the reasoning behind the car bucking under load "from a red light" after the car warms up to operating temp?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where did you read the info on the a1000 being bad? I looked around and do not remember anything bad about them other then that they have someone making a pretty good looking knock off of it.

95opal

Reaction score
I haven't gone ahead and ordered anything yet. Came across some thread's regarding the A1000 pump not being very reliable, so I'am unsure exactly what to do lol. The Aero 340 seem's to have the best review's, maybe run duel 340's with everything else in that kit? Just gunna continue doing research for now, appreciate the help/advice.

I just noticed that my stock FPR has no vacuum line attack to the nipple. There's literally a 1/8 gap from nipple to underside of upper intake, I'am assuming this is a problem lol. I bought the motor from a performance shop and had them install it to make sure it ran, wondering why they didn't give me a head's up that I needed different rail's and FPR. I haven't driven the car much as I want to do a few other thing's first and maybe that is the reasoning behind the car bucking under load "from a red light" after the car warms up to operating temp?

Yes reattach the vacuum to the regulator that is what's causing your issues. twin 340s should also do the trick.

OP
OP

94GT363

Reaction score
Yes reattach the vacuum to the regulator that is what's causing your issues. twin 340s should also do the trick.

Look at this lol. Not the best quality pic but you can see no vacuum. I don't think there ever was one because of the clearance issues. Almost looks like they plugged it?, wish the shop would have atleast mentioned there was an issue with current rail/fpr setup.

2w7n39z.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP

94GT363

Reaction score
Purchased the complete Aeromotive Stealth fuel system.. it's here. Found out that I should run a larger dia vent line so can't install yet :(, ordered everything for that. Installing a anti roll valve at the tank, -8 90 degree an fitting and will run the -8 line out the rear somewhere where it'll attach to a crankcase air filter to keep crap out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
be very sure to blow/clean out the lines before you install them. I am almost fairly sure I blew all mine out but yesterday I diagnosed a bad injector and finally got it out today to find it and all the others are dirty as FFFF. I got enough crap out the rail to make me think I didn't blow any lines out. Going to be flushing them all now to be surely sure.....

OP
OP

94GT363

Reaction score
be very sure to blow/clean out the lines before you install them. I am almost fairly sure I blew all mine out but yesterday I diagnosed a bad injector and finally got it out today to find it and all the others are dirty as FFFF. I got enough crap out the rail to make me think I didn't blow any lines out. Going to be flushing them all now to be surely sure.....

Yeah I'am kinda stuck on whether or not to use a chop saw or hose cutters, both have pros and cons. Leaning towards the chop saw, would flushing it out with water followed by compressed air be best way? Obviously make sure the water is dried before installing lol Gunna be buying new injector's as well...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just use my angle grinder and a cutting wheel. If you go through it fast enough you do not even need tape. This last time I just used my compressor to blow them out but after the mess I was left with it occurred to me the longer pieces of hose probably did not get blown out all that well. I would run some water through it and then blow it out and either let it dry out overnight or as long as you can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online