Funniest thing happened to me today.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well today I was going for a drive in the stang. Got it all washed up and pretty. Car was mad sparkling so I was going to go to a local parts store to go ahead and get some stuff for the car. I get compliments all the time about how nice my exhaust sounds and blah blah blah. As I was walking out a guy approached me and asked whats done to it. I began to tell him ALLLLLL the stuff I have done to it and etc. Then he said 'Would you consider selling it". I said sure if the price is right. I carry all my reciepts with me about the car just in case something happens to it. I keep copies in the car and the masters at home. He was very astonished about how I keep ALL records pertaining to my car. He asked "How much would you considering selling it for" I then said "Well considering all I've done to it and have all documentation how much would you offer" He said "10k cash" I then said "SOLD!" haha. He gave me a deposit to hold the car. I would never guess this would happen to me.

So now I have about 15 grand to play with. Im going monday to look at 4 cars. Here are the stats to each car you tell me what you think is worth the money.

2003 SVT Cobra Terminator Asking price 27k
38,000 Miles Red w/ 10th ann. Wheels w/ 10th ann. interior package
Pullied,Diablo tune,CIA,2 inch lowering springs,Magna flow X pipe w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Cat back,MGW Shifter
He has a dyno sheet and its putting down 453 to the wheels with an un-ported eaton. Rest of the car is stock.

2001 SVT Cobra Asking Price is 14k
68,000 Miles Black on Black w/ 03 Chrome Cobra wheels
All stock except for Steeda Tri Ax Shifter w/ eibach springs, CC Plates, w/ SLP Loudmouth Catback

2001 Roush 360r Asking price 22k
22,000 Miles Red w/ black Interior
All stock putting down 360 to the wheels ( I know these cars are rare)

Finally is a 2003 Mach One Asking Price 23k
33,000 Miles White w/ Black leather Int.
Has One piece shaker scoop, Comp Cams,MMS CC Plates, H&R Springs, MMS LCA, Bump Steer,MR1 CIA,Tockio Illumina Adjustables,steeda tri ax, 4.10s,MMS UCA, pulleys, basically full bolt ons, Long tubes, Borla Stinger cat back w/ Magnaflow x pipe, and his dyno sheet shows he's putting down 383rwhp @ 354 rwtq.

These are the 4 cars I will decide on all week to buy. All private sellers no dealers involved. What would you offer and which car would you consider is worth the money. Thanks for all your help everyone!! :D

S

scarface

DANG! I wish that would happen to me :) I say go for the 01 cobra...because it will be paid for :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
thats a hell of a collection, I want to say the terminator would be the best choice...........but if you got the 01 it could be bought and paid for, then you could put 3 grand in it for a blower and have more hp than any of the other choices for LESS money. If you are after the strongest car then get the terminator, you know what a few more mods will do for that thing, but from a performance per dollar view, I think the 01 is the best choice.

I wouldnt mind having that Mach 1

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
wow that must be nice. Its a tough decision between the 4 as they are all great cars. I love the mach 1's personally but the terminator is hard not to take. Then ya got the rare 360r that would be nice to have also. The 01 cobra is a lot less $$ so you would have more money to play with. You need to think about what you want and what you can afford really. If ya were just going to buy the car and leave it like it is the terminator would be good but if you were able to put a little money into it i would take the mach 1 and throw supercharger or other power adder on it. Personally i think i would take the mach 1 because i love those cars especially white ones :behind: . When i picked up my stang i didnt have near as many decisions or as much $$ but i took me pry over a year to find what i wanted but that is mainly because i live in south dakota and selection is not too great. Now after having the car and everything i wish i could have just found a cheap roller basically and put the money into it.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
I hear ya. I was thinking about taking the Mach 1 maybe Turboing it out. But the terminator with a few more bolt ons and a ported eaton would defiantly almost give me 500 to the wheels. Hard desicion so monday will be an intresting day.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
a turbo mach 1 would be fucking awesome. I would take that over the terminator any day. It wouldnt be too hard to get the same power out of the mach 1 w/ a turbo or supercharger. White mach 1's are just so damn sexy i couldnt resist one :hitit: . plus (resell) red isnt my fav color either i almost got a wrecked mach 1 but i ended up deciding against it... it was red but i would have changed that :laugh:

turbo>supercharger, solid axe>irs

iP3457A_1.jpg

sooo sexy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
a turbo mach 1 would be fucking awesome. I would take that over the terminator any day. It wouldnt be too hard to get the same power out of the mach 1 w/ a turbo or supercharger. White mach 1's are just so damn sexy i couldnt resist one :hitit: . plus (resell) red isnt my fav color either i almost got a wrecked mach 1 but i ended up deciding against it... it was red but i would have changed that :laugh:

iP3457A_1.jpg

sooo sexy

thats a sweet ride :eek:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya white mach 1's are sweet. i wish that was mine but its just a pic i found on the net :'( . I might have to get me one some day

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
ya white mach 1's are sweet. i wish that was mine but its just a pic i found on the net :'( . I might have to get me one some day

they are bad ass cars :D STRONG ASS 4 valve, solid axle and the appearance package is cool as hell too

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good choice. I was torn between the Mach 1 and Terminator. lol.

But that Mach is sexy as hell :behind:

Jeremy

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
he hasnt got one yet. He hasnt even posted about it again. It was just a pic of a white mach 1 i found

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Tomorrow Is the big day. I saw the 01 Cobra today and the Roush. I will pass on the 01 Cobra. Took it for a drive today and found acouple things wrong. Car pulled alittle left when I braked. Carfax shows no accidents reported but car was repaired 3 times. The Roush on the other hand was flawless. Car threw you back in your seat like it had after burners. So +1 for the roush. Tomorrow I go look at the Mach 1 and the Terminator. I will go look at the terminator last. I hate the IRS so we'll see how it goes.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Tomorrow Is the big day. I saw the 01 Cobra today and the Roush. I will pass on the 01 Cobra. Took it for a drive today and found acouple things wrong. Car pulled alittle left when I braked. Carfax shows no accidents reported but car was repaired 3 times. The Roush on the other hand was flawless. Car threw you back in your seat like it had after burners. So +1 for the roush. Tomorrow I go look at the Mach 1 and the Terminator. I will go look at the terminator last. I hate the IRS so we'll see how it goes.

the IRS on the terminators is suppose to be pretty good :dunno: keep us up to date on this its intresting to see what one you pick I like all the choices

ko 5.0

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:

iP3457A_1.jpg

sooo sexy

+1 :rockyou:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
wow congrate's on selling the car that fast and hope you get somethign you will enjoy and take pride in for sure

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well I have decided that im going to buy a terminator. The one I saw yesterday was cool but had some issues. After I test drove the car and watched it idle for a few minutes the idle was alittle rough. I saw a small almost impossible drip coming from under the motor so I asked him to flip on the AC. The car died on the spot as if there was some sort of vacuum leak. I looked really puzzled at this. So we started it again and did the same thing.... It died again. So I passed. Althought I will be buying a terminator no doubt. I will be searching around for one.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well you've decided - that's cool

I was gonna say, mach if you're gonna do motor work.

Cobra - since it's already blown and all that.

Good luck

S

scarface

Glad you have made up your mind. Cant go wrong with a Terminator :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online