Funny Alarm Problems.

Odyssey

Reaction score
So when I bought my 98 v6 coupe it had clearly been stolen at some point in the past. the driver key entry is jammed, and if I lock it with the remote or lock button on the door the alarm will trigger in 30 seconds if I'm not driving. I have to physically push the locks down when I park it so it won't go off. Kind of new at this, what do I do? is there a way to reset it? do I have to fix the lock? New alarm? any advice would be appreciated.

Oh. and factory alarm, if that changes anything.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like some thing is triggering the alarm for some reason. Does the domelight go on/off with both doors? How good is your battery?

OP
OP
O

Odyssey

Reaction score
domelight goes off, battery is perfectly fine.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That is confusing then as I figured it was a bad pin switch for the door for one of the doors. Anything else on the alarm that acts strange? How about your trunk does the light on it go on when opened?

OP
OP
O

Odyssey

Reaction score
Light goes on when it's actually staying open, the two bars that keep it up are failing so my trunk barely stays all the way up and falls most of the time. need to replace them but I barely use my trunk. Nothing else funny going on with the car electrically. Replaced all fuses when I bought it just to make sure it wasn't something failing

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those lights coming on are the triggers the alarm looks for to know when the door/trunk is open so if they are operating correctly then its probably something internal to the alarm. The only way to fix it would be to remove the main unit and replace it either with another the same type or better yet would be to get an aftermarket alarm, but it would cost more.

OP
OP
O

Odyssey

Reaction score
I thought as much, How much work would I be in for swapping it with an alarm that featured remotestart?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.