Fuseable link location 1994 mustang gt 5.0

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
I installed a new starter and there is only the positive wire that goes on the solenoid.....most starters ive seen have the fuseable link wires that also attach to starter (car was a project I bought, engine was out of car when I got it I havnt had it running yet) s

kb1982

Reaction score
Usually a fusible link to the starter comes off the alternator wire. This doesnt hold true for our cars, as the alternator wire feeds back voltage into the fusebox. There usually is another smaller wire that connects to the starter though. Here is a diagram. http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/Mustang-94-95-Alt.gif Also look at this thread and you will see a picture i posted. You can see the smaller blade wire, positive and ground strap. Post # 12 http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?68748-car-wont-start&p=1336767#post1336767. I think the fox style starters are different, and also wired different, but Ive never owned one so dont hold me to that. Could be that you have a fox style setup on your car. Heres a better pic of the selenoid

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at a 95 Factory Wiring Manual right now, the start motor/solenoid only has 2 power feed wires. One is Red - that is from the battery. The other is White w/ Pink stripe - that is the "turn over" signal from the ignition switch. I don't remember if there are any ground wires or if it's grounded against the engine block/trans. There are NO fuse links. The ignition signal (Start) comes in on the White/Pink wire, which closes the relay on the solenoid to pull power to the starter from the battery via the Red wire.

The only fuse links remotely related are for the alternator, and they attach to the underhood fuse panel. And are NOT part of the starter motor/solenoid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online