G36 Monkey's Resurrection Build. Number Tew. Update June 10, 2017

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like fun, till the wiring/programming of the holley anyway.......

That's when I call you a thousand times to ask for help :) Thanks in advance!

After going the Holley route, do you regret it? Would you use another system??

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Holley has been great but I am just in over my head. Its not as easy as people like to make it sound.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Monkey get the motor and start saving. I’ll fly down and help when needed. Just an excuse to get away and drink some beer while doing Smokey burnouts............... [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Monkey get the motor and start saving. I’ll fly down and help when needed. Just an excuse to get away and drink some beer while doing Smokey burnouts............... [emoji1787]

We want his car to be finished, not sit there for the next 10 years!

Glad to see you back around, Monkey. I’m looking forward to progress.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holley has been great but I am just in over my head. Its not as easy as people like to make it sound.

Ah, if you're in over your head, I definitely will be. That said I feel like my build is likely much more on the simple side of things than yours.

Monkey get the motor and start saving. I’ll fly down and help when needed. Just an excuse to get away and drink some beer while doing Smokey burnouts.

Haha, if you want to come down you're more than welcome to! In fact, come help me do my cameras first :)

We want his car to be finished, not sit there for the next 10 years!

Glad to see you back around, Monkey. I’m looking forward to progress.

I certainly don't want it sitting that long. It's been too long as is! I appreciate it bud. Don't be mad at me for not going modular ;)

It’s been 5 years, get it right!!!!

5, 10....who's counting??

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I certainly don't want it sitting that long. It's been too long as is! I appreciate it bud. Don't be mad at me for not going modular ;)

I’m not mad at you. You have a coyote already. There has to be some balance in this world.

And as far as the stand alone stuff is concerned, if you can read a wiring diagram, you’ll be just fine. After you get it all wired up, find someone that knows how to tune and pay them to help you. That will make this easy.

To simplify an efi setup like you want to do, go with gm sensors, and LS coil packs for coil near plug and ditch the dizzy. Get a cam sensor that goes in the dizzy hole and wire off that. Keep it speed density and run the on board map sensor. This will be a very easy setup for wiring and tuning.

When it comes time to tune, I would highly recommend Scott Clark from Real Tuners. The dude has been helping me with my coyote and helped @white95 get his 4v running. Really helpful guy, and truly knows his stuff.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not mad at you. You have a coyote already. There has to be some balance in this world.

And as far as the stand alone stuff is concerned, if you can read a wiring diagram, you’ll be just fine. After you get it all wired up, find someone that knows how to tune and pay them to help you. That will make this easy.

To simplify an efi setup like you want to do, go with gm sensors, and LS coil packs for coil near plug and ditch the dizzy. Get a cam sensor that goes in the dizzy hole and wire off that. Keep it speed density and run the on board map sensor. This will be a very easy setup for wiring and tuning.

When it comes time to tune, I would highly recommend Scott Clark from Real Tuners. The dude has been helping me with my coyote and helped @white95 get his 4v running. Really helpful guy, and truly knows his stuff.

Haha It is certainly balanced with some mod some push then. I do have a tuning shop locally that is very familiar with the Holley system, and one of their leads is a good friend of mine.

I like the idea of the LS coil packs and getting rid of the dist.

Thanks for all the tips!

no balance, swap the world. all v8s, fvck those gretta thunderturd people

Lol, he was saying there is balance by having one pushrod and one modular.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha It is certainly balanced with some mod some push then. I do have a tuning shop locally that is very familiar with the Holley system, and one of their leads is a good friend of mine.

I like the idea of the LS coil packs and getting rid of the dist.

Thanks for all the tips!

Lol, he was saying there is balance by having one pushrod and one modular.

Talk to adder about the cam sensor. He sells modified explorer sensors that he builds for tall deck Windsor’s.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you direct message him he will respond usually. He doesn’t come on much but occasionally graces us with his awesomeness!!! [emoji38]

He was on recently

Good to know!

If ya cant get a hold of him tou can shop directly on his site for what ya need. Btw long time no see...when you get some free time hit me up and lets get together.
Link to adders site
https://64bittuning.fwscart.com

I agree bud! Should have gone to Bradenton this past weekend! Thanks for the link!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online