Gas pedal

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Need some help fellas, got new pedal covers. Can't get gas pedal to work. Question is, how can I remove the chrome covering on this so I can bolt the new pedal to the plastic?
a6088f5c1fc321db5b042e0db7af73ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mustanger

Reaction score
I think the gas pedal is held with a drift pin, Probably easier to unhook the whole gas pedal to get access. Which means you need to unhook the throttle cable from the pedal too...not hard at all just search on here &/or the net to see pics... I like the New Ones! Where from?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I think the gas pedal is held with a drift pin, Probably easier to unhook the whole gas pedal to get access. Which means you need to unhook the throttle cable from the pedal too...not hard at all just search on here &/or the net to see pics... I like the New Ones! Where from?
I can remove the pedal by its self. But can't get the new one to bolt onto the pedal with the chrome on it . And autozone is where I got the new ones. And this one has a bolt and nut holding the pedal to the arm

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I dont mean to dis your mods... but why cover/ remove the factory billet pedal covers for those vatozone covers??

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I dont mean to dis your mods... but why cover/ remove the factory billet pedal covers for those vatozone covers??
Well for one the clutch cover was missing . And was a pain to push in all day everyday. And i want red and black theme.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Autozone ...really? I think they look great! I wouldnt mind similar look. Maybe some spikes in the clutch pedal.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Ahh yes I see your bolt on closer inspection...Do you have a new Red/Black cover for your dead pedal/footrest?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Ahh yes I see your bolt on closer inspection...Do you have a new Red/Black cover for your dead pedal/footrest?
No. I'm thinking on getting a whole new setup. But for now I'm gonna leave it how it is. It's way more comfortable now pushing the clutch in.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ive never thought to look before, but ebay has tons of great looking options for little to no money. $10free shipping, thats crazy. Surely you can find something. Maybe pc a set together. I would think an accelerator pedal could be used as a dead pedal.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is a unit, the silver cover isn't meant to be removed. When installing those pedals you remove the entire stock assembly and replace it completely.

You will have to peel the aluminum off or shave down the rubber nubs, paint the aluminum black and install over it most likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online