Gas Tank

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
lol. yeah don't forget to burn out the left over fuel in the tank with a lighter. That will empty it out real fast like. i was just looking at buying a new tank for mine. The ass end of my car around the gas tank is a bit rusty. need to get that tank out and deal with coating that stuff over.

Oh and that is one good thing about a fox, i just realized. They don't have all the evap bs at the gas tank. I remember unstrapping one i had and all that was on top was the pump connections.

Had to do that with mine, wire wheel, self etching primer and undercoating.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Lol, I like the fact somebody will post a thread for info... then we give some...then were like a dog who just spotted a squirrel when somebody flashes a pic of something nooice... and nobody gives a hoot.

TrickVert

Reaction score
And here I've just been putting the diver's side end up on a block and resting the tank on my chest, then lifting it into place and holding it up while attaching one strap, then lift the other end, kick the block out of the way, and attach the other. :)

Akurma

Reaction score
Not to bump an oldish thread but, where did you get a new tank at? I have to drop my tank soon to put a 340lph pump in it and am toying with the idea of just replacing the tank while im at it

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Not to bump an oldish thread but, where did you get a new tank at? I have to drop my tank soon to put a 340lph pump in it and am toying with the idea of just replacing the tank while im at it

Geez, I bought this tank (it's an 03-04 Cobra tank) a few years ago. I either bought it from buyfordracing.com (I don't think they are around anymore) or from Tasca Ford... I can't really remember. On 3 sells them, and I think Lethal performance.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So does Glens performance. And they sell all the fuel system parts you’d ever need. I’m actually gonna be ordering a complete system here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Geez.... I feel like a cheapskate now... I got mine off eBay for like $80+ tacks... It's a good looking tank and you can check out the pics of it on my Cherry Bomb build thread... It doesn't have one of the big fuel hats like you see on the aeromotive deals, just the factory holes an shit...course I know you get what you pay for, and if I ever have any issues with this one, install, leaks funny smells or anything I'll be the first to report it here...

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Geez.... I feel like a cheapskate now... I got mine off eBay for like $80+ tacks... It's a good looking tank and you can check out the pics of it on my Cherry Bomb build thread... It doesn't have one of the big fuel hats like you see on the aeromotive deals, just the factory holes an shit...course I know you get what you pay for, and if I ever have any issues with this one, install, leaks funny smells or anything I'll be the first to report it here...

Yeah I'm with you, I didn't pay full price for this OEM Cobra tank. I shopped around before I bought it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.