Gatlinberg sn95 Meet Update. Please Read!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I called the Gatlinberg Chamber of Commerce today, they are sending me hotel info and even/attraction info. I will have that info in 7-10 days. It is a 50 page brochure of stuff to do.

I also called the 4/11 dragway. They are a non-sanctioned track, but they follow IHRA rules. This is a 1/8 mile track. The track is about a 30 minute ride from Gatlinberg. In September the hours of operation are:
Friday- gates open @4:30pm time shots start at 6:00pm-11:00pm. Friday is bracket racing, entrance fee $8.00.

Saturday- gates open @1:00pm racing 2:00-11:00pm test and tune and gamblers racing, entrance fee is $6.00
the 3rd Saturday of the month they run alcohol cars entrance fee is $10.00

Sunday gates open @11:00am test and tune 12:00-6:00pm. entrance fee is $6.00

They do rent the track. He could not give me a price for this, it depended on the types of cars and the hours we wanted it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer I will find out.

The meet will have to be the 3rd or 4th week of September. The first 2 weekends are already being used for large car shows.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
sounds good mayne. iono if ill drag race my car. i kinda want to see what it will do though. ive never been on a track so you guys can just give me pointers. i suck at launching too but i guess a drag strip is the best place to practice. great job on gettin that info matt, definitly make a post when you get the brochure.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good, keep up the good work matt!

Do they have any 1/4 mile tracks around there? just curious.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
I called the Gatlinberg Chamber of Commerce today, they are sending me hotel info and even/attraction info. I will have that info in 7-10 days. It is a 50 page brochure of stuff to do.

I also called the 4/11 dragway. They are a non-sanctioned track, but they follow IHRA rules. This is a 1/8 mile track. The track is about a 30 minute ride from Gatlinberg. In September the hours of operation are:
Friday- gates open @4:30pm time shots start at 6:00pm-11:00pm. Friday is bracket racing, entrance fee $8.00.

Saturday- gates open @1:00pm racing 2:00-11:00pm test and tune and gamblers racing, entrance fee is $6.00
the 3rd Saturday of the month they run alcohol cars entrance fee is $10.00

Sunday gates open @11:00am test and tune 12:00-6:00pm. entrance fee is $6.00

They do rent the track. He could not give me a price for this, it depended on the types of cars and the hours we wanted it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer I will find out.

The meet will have to be the 3rd or 4th week of September. The first 2 weekends are already being used for large car shows.

Good job on the info Matt.......i have the same pack from the Gatlinburg tourist center, but I figured doing the look in person was a better idea. The pic I posted of Bear Skin Lodge is the best looking place in G-Burg just about, the prices are not too bad either. It just depends on where everyone wants to stay, some guys may think 100 bucks a night is too much :dunno: We could just post links to a dozen places to stay and let the guys pick what they want or try to get one thats got a variety of prices that everyone can afford. The lodge I posted started at 75 a night I think and went all the way up to 200 for a top of the line room. So its a good choice I think.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

The closest 1/4 mile track was about 100 miles away if I remeber correctly.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Dalamar said:

if i come i cant afford 100miles worth of gas..lol..i ssay we should rent that biatch out

ripper

Reaction score
Were exactly is gatlinberg? Va right? But were?

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Dalamar said:

if i come i cant afford 100miles worth of gas..lol..i ssay we should rent that biatch out

Renting the track out on Saturday morning might not be to bad, but to rent it out on Saturday afternoon would be out of the question. He would have to make enough money on the rental to close the track to the public, and still make money.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
im still iffy about comming, i will let yall know around june lol

Hicks

Reaction score
hek ive been to gatlinburg 4 times in the last 4 years for Christian teen convintions!!!!!!

Might be able to talk pops into bringing his stang and mine up there, hopefully we are done with my engine by then

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online