gauges installed... few questions

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, well me and my dad did my gauges, i bought ELECTRIC phantom water temp and oil pressure gauges.

couple questions though, kinda confused.

oil temp fluctuates with RPMs (im assuming thats normal).. my question is though what should the pressure be? idling, its at like 30-45.. above 3700ish RPMs, it goes to 100 (pegging on my gauge)

and on the water temperature, it stays around 230-250* F..... which it also the max number on my gauge. however, we didnt install the new sender that came with the gauge because theres alot of stuff in the way from getting the stock coolant sensor out.

so, are these numbers normal?

we tapped into the stock wiring also so my stock gauges are non functional. and i think we hooked up a few to many wires to the illumination wires that go to the cluster because none of the gauge lights work (aftermarket gauges or the stock cluster gauges) Only the oil pressure gauge lights up and barely at that.

Peter

Reaction score
tap the gauge lights into your dash lights at the fuse. Just buy a fuse tap and your lights will turn on at the same time as the dash lights and you can dim them too.

As for the oil pressure that doesnt sound right, the pressure will go up and down with RPM's but I have a high volume pump and reavitivly right clearences and I only see about 75psi on a mechanical gauge.

You should use the sender that came with the gauge or else the readings wont be accurate.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
okay.. after a while of running. the oil pressure seems to drop to about 80ish i think.

and my dad thought that thats why the water temp gauge was reading 250 cause we are still using the stock sensor.

so looks like we will have to pull that one out. :-\

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What location did you use to mount the Water Temp sensor?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
What location did you use to mount the Water Temp sensor?

what do you mean? like out of the two? we used the driver side sensor because thats the one that goes to the gauge. is that what your asking?

thanks guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online