Gear change / SCT chip?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have a set of 4.10s that I plan on getting installed pretty soon. I have new bearings, gear oil (which ****ing reeks by the way). I also have a 70mm throttlebody to go on. Now thing is, I have full exhaust (longtubes included), ram air intake, 76mm maf. Should I put the throttlebody on and get a SCT chip. Or wait till I get a new upper and lower and just get a speed cal. Its a 5.0 aode

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The SCT won't do anything to correct the speedometer. It only works for the 99-04 cars with a digital speedometer. I wish it would work on our cars though lol.

Pretty much the only options are to get a speedcal or do the speedometer gear change on the side of the trans and hope it corrects it close enough.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The SCT won't do anything to correct the speedometer. It only works for the 99-04 cars with a digital speedometer. I wish it would work on our cars though lol

**** me. I thought it would correct the speedo. That blows. I'll just stick to a speed cal than lol [MENTION=14686]SLOW95GTS[/MENTION] Still got the speed cal?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you only go to 3:55's then you won't need a speed cal. Just a 23 tooth VSS gear.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You don't like the smell of gear oil? me neither, smells like ass. Its especially nice when you have an attached garage and the smell gets into the house.

decipha

Reaction score
blows indeed, what is equally as important though is to recalibrate the inferred vehicle speed in the ecu, that way your shift points are more ideal, however, if it shifts fine now then no worries

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Yeah i still have it, lmk when you want it to check the shipping on it..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If you only go to 3:55's then you won't need a speed cal. Just a 23 tooth VSS gear.
Yeah I read that before. Its an auto so I'm doing the 4.10s. Don't plan on forced induction, not sure about hci
You don't like the smell of gear oil? me neither, smells like ass. Its especially nice when you have an attached garage and the smell gets into the house.
Its by far one of the worst smelling things ever. I opened the box and was like what the **** is that smell. lol

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Yeah thats cool, ill see what place delievers the cheapest.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
just thinking about gear oil gave me goose bumps.. It tastes horrible too! :(

Omg man I can't even imagine... I couldn't get over how ****ing bad it smells. I put that shit in my garage, left the gears and bearings in my room lol. How the hell did you taste it? gear change and you forgot to close your mouth haha