Gear noise?

Z28 This

Reaction score
what gears? i know my 3.90s in my old car whined like a bitch at 55+ the 3.73s in this car is pretty quite tho

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
4:10's I was doing 90 something (speedo is off) and at first I though it was the tires, but then heard it coming from what I think is the rear. Only did it above 95 I think.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you will hear all sides of the road for this, some ppl will say improper install, some say richmond and other gears whine, personally I think most aftermarket taller gears will have some whine when you are light/let off on the throttle @ highway speeds. but excessive whining is a diffrent story.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
you will hear all sides of the road for this, some ppl will say improper install, some say richmond and other gears whine, personally I think most aftermarket taller gears will have some whine when you are light/let off on the throttle @ highway speeds. but excessive whining is a diffrent story.

Ok, I have FRPP's, they whine when I'm on the throttle or off of it, not so much when i'm in the middle, and its not that loud of a whine either.

Z28 This

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Matt94GT said:

Ok, I have FRPP's, they whine when I'm on the throttle or off of it, not so much when i'm in the middle, and its not that loud of a whine either.

how the 3.90s were...nothing to worry about... you shouldnt be doing 90 anyways :) :rollinglaugh:

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
I'm gonna say install issues. I have FRPP 3:73's and they don't make ANY noise...I've been on it pretty good a few times and no noise. Then again, the windows were down...

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Mine were up, so it was amplifed, not that loud, but noticeable when driving that fast. Cruising around its fine, nice and quiet, probably just high speeds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online