gettin a bit discouraged

Maniak87

Reaction score
got back from school on friday and started workin on the cobra again installin that s-trim.

problem is, things are taking me twice as long as they should be.

things left to be done:
mount alternator
cap off smog system
line powerpipe hole with weather stripping
legnthen MAF wire??
mount blower and serpentine belts
mount IAT in discharge elbow
boost bypass line
put oil in motor
connect various vacuum/electrical connections
install fuel pressure regulator
install 255 fuel pump
fix diff cover (leakin)
attatch SCT chip to computer

these arent huge things but everything is taking me longer to do. this is the biggest project i have ever done on a car. im starting to feel overwhelmed. seems like everytime i finish somthing, i'm not getting any closer to being done. there are some vacuum lines that i have no idea where they go. looks like the MAF wire that is connected to 2 other things wont be long enough and may have to legnthen it. (really worried about messing it up)

i wanted to get tuned mid to end of the well but it doesnt look like this will happen. bob is off to WFC thursday and is booked up until then. gives me more time but i need some mode of transportation to get my ass to work!! i would really like to get in for the tune next monday so that leaves me 6 days. it would be great if she could be running friday so then i can have the weekend to get some bugs out for the dyno.

it would be nice to have someone who knows what they are doing to kind of watch over my shoulder and help me out.

if any one could stop by and give me hand that would be great!!

some pics of the continuing progress:

can anyone tell me where these vacume line go? i think its the fuel pressure and EGR vacuum lines.

scpics018aa7.jpg

scpics028kc3.jpg

Suspect

Reaction score
i wish i could help, but ive never installed one either. dont give up man and try not to rush. dont look at the whole picture, just do one thing at a time. when done with that go to the next. uve made it this far, so u can do it! :thumb:

S

scarface

baby steps man, just take your time. Extending the MAF wires is easy. Just make sure you do one wire at a time.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Those vacuum lines are for the smog. If you're eliminating them, then you got nothing to worry about with them. Just make sure anything with an open end is PLUGGED and or CAPPED as far as unused vaccum lines. As for everything else, just take it ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Do what I do. Buy a dry erase board. Write EVERYTHING you need to do on it. Cross them off one at a time as you complete'em! Honestly man, it isn't THAT much!

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Those vacuum lines are for the smog. If you're eliminating them, then you got nothing to worry about with them. Just make sure anything with an open end is PLUGGED and or CAPPED as far as unused vaccum lines. As for everything else, just take it ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Do what I do. Buy a dry erase board. Write EVERYTHING you need to do on it. Cross them off one at a time as you complete'em! Honestly man, it isn't THAT much!

yea, its just been taking me forever just to get to this point and i NEED this thing to run. have to get to work and dont have a dd. i thought i would be able to get it done in 5 days or so but man was i wrong.

Suspect

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

:thumb: thats a pretty good idea.

skielk

Reaction score
one of those vacume lines goes to your fuel pressure regulator i can't remember what color it is for some reason i'm remembering green but i'm not sure. You'll need to hook that line back up

ryclef331

Reaction score
skielk said:
one of those vacume lines goes to your fuel pressure regulator i can't remember what color it is for some reason i'm remembering green but i'm not sure. You'll need to hook that line back up

You're right BUT you can go get any old vaccum line from parts store and hook it up from the regulator to any port on the intake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.