Getting a new hood???? Suggestions....

redsaleen351

Reaction score
So I just ordered the Cervini's Cobra R hood. It has a rise of 3 1/2" Will this look ok on my car? I really wanted the hood and really think it will look ok, because it looks great on coups. But I can't find a picture of one on a convertible. This is my car. I do not have any current pictures of it with the speedster cover on it. But I just got the front bumper, speedster cover and mirrors painted. Will it look ok? If someone wants to do a photoshop, that would work of if you have any pictures with the cervini hood on a convertible!
Thanks guys...

The hood...
yb.dll

The way the car looked last week, bumper, mirrors and speedster cover are back on...
156374.jpg

Another shot of the car, before paint about a year ago...
30875.jpg

S

scarface

I cant help you on the PS, but I think it will look fine...3.5 is pretty big though ???

Suspect

Reaction score
if thats it in the pic itll look sweet. but how is it 3.5, doesnt look that tall. my old one looked like that.

im confused, can someone tell me how to measure how tall a hood is?! :dunno:

S

scarface

Suspect said:
if thats it in the pic itll look sweet. but how is it 3.5, doesnt look that tall. my old one looked like that.

im confused, can someone tell me how to measure how tall a hood is?! :dunno:
measure from the center of the cowl down to the plastic below.

OP
OP
R

redsaleen351

Reaction score
scarface said:
Suspect said:
wow then its only an 1.5.
ouch :(

don%5C't%20make%20me%20angry%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

this was a 3 inch cowl.

See, I don't think that looks to tall. I just don't want to pay $500 for the hood and another $100 to have it painted and then hate it.

Suspect

Reaction score
thats prolly as tall as i would go, unless u need the space.

no i was saying mine wasnt that tall at all. im very happy with the way it looks and as long as it can clear a 1in spacer im good! :dancing6:

S

scarface

redsaleen351 said:
scarface said:
Suspect said:
wow then its only an 1.5.
ouch :(

don%5C't%20make%20me%20angry%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

this was a 3 inch cowl.

See, I don't think that looks to tall. I just don't want to pay $500 for the hood and another $100 to have it painted and then hate it.
it wasnt too tall, I could see past it fine....Was VERY illegal in VA though. 2 incher is the max here.

OP
OP
R

redsaleen351

Reaction score
it wasnt too tall, I could see past it fine....Was VERY illegal in VA though. 2 incher is the max here.
[/quote]

The hood doesn't come in for a week. So I'll just keep searching for pictures to get an idea, I haven't paid anything yet.
I think if I had a coupe, I wouldn't question it. I just wonder if it's going to look odd on a vert. :dunno:

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
It depends where you measure from, sometimes the number counts for the stock height and sometimes its in addition to it. The real Cobra R hood is 2.5" total, but i think it's 1.5" over stock. I think they might call it 3.5" as in how high over the fender it sits.

S

scarface

OnyxCobra said:
It depends where you measure from, sometimes the number counts for the stock height and sometimes its in addition to it. The real Cobra R hood is 2.5" total, but i think it's 1.5" over stock. I think they might call it 3.5" as in how high over the fender it sits.
you are correct, however most states that limit the hight of the cowl measure as I said.

OP
OP
R

redsaleen351

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
return the hood and spend it on some new wheels..PLEASE!

:'( I thought about that also. Those wheels were on there when I bought the car 5yrs ago. That will be next.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Jonbeast and I have the 3" cowl hood from carbonware if you are interested...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online