Getting aggravated over my car

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well my dad talked to one of his friends who is a mechanic and I was going to stop by a day or 2 ago and see how much he would want to put this trick flow kit on. This is the other thread I made. http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=12522.msg192756#new . However my dad talked to the guy and he said it would "not be a good idea" to put that kit on that motor and that I should just go buy a short block. Well I dont have the money for a short block nor do I want to wait that long and this is pissing me the off. Guys my car has almost 120k on the clock. If I just get my motor rebuilt and that trickflow kit put on it. Will I be ok? I mean I know they know their stuff, but my dad hasnt ever had a 5.0, so im just looking for advice.

Suspect

Reaction score
Re: Getting very aggravated with my dad over my car

kinda what im doing, but i chose to. o and its getting up there in $$$!

do a compression check and if its ok then u should be fine to throw them on. do u have problems now? if u do of course get em fixed before u add new parts. theres tons of people that have done it, so i wouldnt stress it. if u go on corral/stangnet ull see lots of guys run that kit on stock bottom ends. or any h/c/i. u dont need a new shortblock.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score

Wow, you sound like a very grateful kid.

I agree - I wouldn't put HCI on a 120K mile motor either. Oh, and "just getting a motor rebuilt" is a bit more involved than you think.

spacemonkey

Reaction score

I'm with suspect.If it is in good mechanical shape I don't see what it would hurt.It is not like your adding forced induction.Your just making it breath better.I bet he just thinks you'll blow it up and he don't do the work again.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

Adding HCI to a car with 200k miles is fine as long as it doesn't smoke and it has good compression. I have a friend with a 93 lx and he did a HCI with 300k miles on it, and the car runs like a scalded dog, and now he has about 340k miles now on a stock bottom end. I have 101k miles on my car with HCI and blower with over 500hp at the wheels with no problems.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score

Paul said:

I agree - I wouldn't put HCI on a 120K mile motor either. Oh, and "just getting a motor rebuilt" is a bit more involved than you think.

First off Im paying for everything thats done to my car. And you dont know me, ive done everything my fathers asked. So dont you fucking dare say be sarcastic about me being "grateful". I asked for an opinion if the motor can hold it or not. Not your opinion on how I act towards my father.

Suspect

Reaction score

quickstang_1994 said:
Adding HCI to a car with 200k miles is fine as long as it doesn't smoke and it has good compression. I have a friend with a 93 lx and he did a HCI with 300k miles on it, and the car runs like a scalded dog, and now he has about 340k miles now on a stock bottom end. I have 101k miles on my car with HCI and blower with over 500hp at the wheels with no problems.

wanna share ur combo?! :dancing6:

Suspect

Reaction score

95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Paul said:

First off Im paying for everything thats done to my car. And you dont know me, ive done everything my fathers asked. So dont you fucking dare say be sarcastic about me being "grateful". I asked for an opinion if the motor can hold it or not. Not your opinion on how I act towards my father.

chill bro! we undertsand ur frustrated, but theres no reason to talk like that.

Downshift

Reaction score

As long as the motor is healthy there is no reason not to do it other then plans you might have later or having an engine that will last longer. He probably thinks, 120k on a v8 mustang and thinks it was probably beat on pretty badly and sticking parts on it that will make you want to beat the car more arnt such a good idea for a younger person. Honestly if the engine is healthy and you take care of the car the right way it will last forever. Just like the guy above said about his friend having 340k on it. Goodluck.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

Which one? I think all the brands are the same it just depends on how good of a deal you get on which namebrand i would buy. But don't mix and match namebrands(use the full trickflow setup). And about your dad he sounds a lot like mine its just older people are use to motors being trash at 100k. But now mileage means nothing.

Suspect

Reaction score

urs man. i wanna hear ur combo. is it on a stock block?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

I think you are asking about the one in the pic( I still have the other cars thats why I was asking). Its a stock bottom end with a B cam, Motorsport intake, GT40X heads, with a vortech and upr powerpipe. It also has all supporting fuel and spark.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score

I apologize especially to paul with how I responded to him. I am aggravated, but that is no excuse for my last post.

Also I was going to go with that trick flow package.

waltnono

Reaction score

95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I apologize especially to paul with how I responded to him. I am aggravated, but that is no excuse for my last post.

Also I was going to go with that trick flow package.

:thumb:

slow96mystic

Reaction score

quickstang_1994 said:
Which one? I think all the brands are the same it just depends on how good of a deal you get on which namebrand i would buy. But don't mix and match namebrands(use the full trickflow setup). And about your dad he sounds a lot like mine its just older people are use to motors being trash at 100k. But now mileage means nothing.
what's wrong with mixing name brands? Air Flow Research makes some of the best out of the box sbf heads on the market but they don't make an intake. Does that mean I shouldn't have bought their heads and used a trickflow cam and a Holley intake? My point is advice like that makes no sense and shouldn't be given. You just have to do the proper research before you put the motor together.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

slow96mystic said:
quickstang_1994 said:
what's wrong with mixing name brands? Air Flow Research makes some of the best out of the box sbf heads on the market but they don't make an intake. Does that mean I shouldn't have bought their heads and used a trickflow cam and a Holley intake? My point is advice like that makes no sense and shouldn't be given. You just have to do the proper research before you put the motor together.
You can put the best of all the parts and the car not run worth anything. The kits are made for each other with alot of research. But if you do the research parts of other kits will work together but do your research. afr makes great heads but they are only as good as the other parts and how they work together. but my advice is mine i am just trying help not smart off. your comment was not needed. your combo more than likely will put out the same or really close to a full trickflow setup.

slow96mystic

Reaction score

Just pointing out that blanket statements like that aren't productive unless you follow it up with an explanation, which you did after my post. Your right about some cars running like crap, but that can be prevented by careful planning, assembly and tuning. If you do your homework then it should all work out. By the way, welcome to the internet. Grow up and realize that this is a discussion forum. If you can't stand a little criticism of the advice you're giving to people then maybe you shouldn't be giving it in the first place.

Tim

TripleBlack

Reaction score

man just do it what is the worst that really can happen, you blow the motor in 50000-70000 more miles, that could happen without out the HCI, if so then I would but a new block and build it with the money that you have saved up till then...not gonna hurt a thing

slow96mystic

Reaction score

Just a friendly warning: Once you start performance modifications it's hard to stop! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online