getting close to road ready but may do heads and intake..what are best budget heads?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Mikes94gt, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Mikes94gt

Mikes94gt New Member

so my 94 GT is close to being finished. I have most parts but thinking I may do heads and intake. as im near end of getting this car ready om near end of cash for it. What are good heads for good price? this car will be pretty much stock except for heads and intake so I do not need anything crazy. just want a little extra HP for fun factor and heads and intake seem best route. also what is needed with heads? Different injectors? thanks
    also what cat backs sound best. I have bbk Shorties, Bassani X with high flow cats. Looking for good volume and deep tone. thanks

2. SIIaCanuck

SIIaCanuck New Member

GT40P heads and intake off an Explorer. XE264HR cam. That'll give you better than Cobra power for pocket change.

I'm running a Magnaflow cat back. Best sound out there. Flowmaster is deeper but doesn't flow quite as well and sounds like a truck, not a sports GT.

3. white95

white95 Apex Junky Admin

Save up a few coins and find a set of used AFR165 heads...

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

if you want cheap you looking gt40p but I think its worth the money to get a good aluminum set myself. Been happy with my trickflows for years.