Getting nitious, questions...

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Ok, first set of mods for the cobra will be a 75 shot of nitrous, my question is, what else do I NEED to do to run this setup safely. I will be running on no less than 93 octane, and most likely 110 octane when spraying. I'm switching to iridium plugs, have msd wires, so I should have enough spark. As far as fuel, I have stock injectors and would I need to upgrade or could I safely pull it off on the stockers. Also what tuner/chip should I get to tune the setup while running the nos. I plan on getting it dyno tuned and am looking for something that will allow me to have a street setup and a race(110 octane w/nos) setup.

blackfang

Reaction score
You can run a NX kit and Gen X upgrade with a 100 hp wet shot with NGK tr6 plugs gapped at .035 and nothing else needed and you will be fine. Once you go above 100 is when you will need to alter your fuel and timing.

Shangsta

Reaction score
I hope you are catless or running over 100 will make your cats take a dump

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I would think it would depend on how rich you are running if at all. If all your fuel is being burned thoroughly at a higher compression caused by more air being added via nitrous which would normally cause the car to go lean but due to the higher amount of octane in the fuel it would be able to burn at a higher compression but still have an a/f ratio as that of a car with no nitrous on 92 octane fuel does? Plus doesn't the computer constantly adjust the a/f ratio based on signals received from the O2 sensors so that the car does not run rich or lean?

predator97svt

Reaction score
If you run a 75hp or 100hp wet shot you wont need to chang anything on your fuel system. The plugs are a good idea, and so are the wires. You shouldnt need to run race gas either. The 5.0 is low enough compression you would be fine with streight 93 pump gas. I would ( just to be safe ) get a manual fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure guage and go to a local dyno and have the a/f monitered and fine tune it by ajusting your timing and your fuel pressure, with only a 75 or 100 shot that basic kind of tune will get you in the safe running area. You dont need to do any of that but its a lot cheaper than having to put a new motor in your car if for some reason it decides to run lean and melt your rotating assembly. Good luck and keep us posted on the results.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I'd be running it in the 4.6, my 5.0's days of customizing and modifying are over, I retired racing her after her last run at the strip. I wanted our relationship to end on a good note.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online