Getting rid of the stang???

94 DropTop

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
2,987
Reaction score
5
well with gas prices, and my urge to try one, im thinking about getting rid of my stang for a svt focus. what do you guys think??? the ones im looking at are compition orange and black.
 

rick focks

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
13,612
Reaction score
25
eh, i like the two doors ... I wanted one of those s/c for a while...
 

TheBab

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
The S/C SVT Focuses are still weak... :(


I'm one of those guys that wonders why the hell Ford made a SVT Focus and a SVT Contour...


Keep the stang....
 

Paul

Legend
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,894
Reaction score
249
How much would the SVT focus cost?

If your mustang is free and clear, I doubt the gas savings would offset the cost of the new car.
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
7
Just do what Im doing, sell your stang and buy an STi. I'll beat all you guys weak little V8's and motors with toilet seats on top and stuff, while getting better gas mileage too ^-^
 
S

scarface

Guest
Fets said:
Just do what Im doing, sell your stang and buy an STi. I'll beat all you guys weak little V8's and motors with toilet seats on top and stuff, while getting better gas mileage too ^-^
well you should get an Sti, you already are getting their attitude..lol

I would just ask yourself is better gas milage worth the loss of power?
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
10
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
 
S

scarface

Guest
Snakebit said:
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
lol...try driving a MACK TRUCK!
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
10
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
lol...try driving a MACK TRUCK!

ahhh hell you sound like my father in law :p :p :p he bitches all the time about getting 3mpg and spending 500 bucks to fill up :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
 
S

scarface

Guest
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
lol...try driving a MACK TRUCK!

ahhh hell you sound like my father in law :p :p :p he bitches all the time about getting 3mpg and spending 500 bucks to fill up :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
I get about 6MPG
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
10
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
lol...try driving a MACK TRUCK!

ahhh hell you sound like my father in law :p :p :p he bitches all the time about getting 3mpg and spending 500 bucks to fill up :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
I get about 6MPG
what size trucks do you guys run?
 

Paul

Legend
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,894
Reaction score
249
Fets said:
Just do what Im doing, sell your stang and buy an STi. I'll beat all you guys weak little V8's and motors with toilet seats on top and stuff, while getting better gas mileage too ^-^

I love killing STi's with my weak little V8 for exactly this reason. It would suck to spend all that money and lose 30+% of your power through the drivetrain. :lol:
 
S

scarface

Guest
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
lol...try driving a MACK TRUCK!

ahhh hell you sound like my father in law :p :p :p he bitches all the time about getting 3mpg and spending 500 bucks to fill up :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
I get about 6MPG
what size trucks do you guys run?
flagtruckforweb.jpg
 

spacemonkey

New Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Hell yea.I hear ya on the 5-6 mpg.Fully loaded with drywall a fully loaded pup.

[attachment deleted by admin]
 

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
215
Location
South Jersey
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
worried about gas prices huh, tell you what trade in that stang on a Lightning THEN worry about gas prices :-\
lol...try driving a MACK TRUCK!

ahhh hell you sound like my father in law :p :p :p he bitches all the time about getting 3mpg and spending 500 bucks to fill up :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
I get about 6MPG
what size trucks do you guys run?
flagtruckforweb.jpg

Thats a Jersey Boys Motto on your Trucks O0

8 or 10 sp?
 
OP
OP
9

94 DropTop

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
2,987
Reaction score
5
well i owe 2800 on my car and after its all said and done it would be 10,000. my car is not running right and im tired of putting money into it. plus im trying to get a new job.
 

Paul

Legend
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,894
Reaction score
249
If you're changing up strictly for the economic benefits, then I'd say you're better off sticking with your mustang.

If there are other reasons, then make the switch.

Paul.
 
OP
OP
9

94 DropTop

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
2,987
Reaction score
5
no there it's not just economy. i want to try somthing new and ive always like the svt focus(dont know why but its more of an obcession) plus theres not to many around here so it would be cool to have one. Plus i want to build it for autocross. i also like owning stuff that my friends havent had yet to.
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
the only reason ill sell my mustang is to buy another mustang, screw everything else!!!!!!
 

ripper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
3,323
Reaction score
4
Fets said:
Just do what Im doing, sell your stang and buy an STi. I'll beat all you guys weak little V8's and motors with toilet seats on top and stuff, while getting better gas mileage too ^-^


My Rascal will beat your sti and your stang :eek:uttahere:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
77,715
Messages
1,508,549
Members
15,137
Latest member
Rayne

Members online

Top