Getting the hollow exhaust tone

armyed

Reaction score
I bought my 95 gt almost 1 month ago and have since wanted to get that hollow exhaust note. The car has an E-cam shorty headers bbk catted H-Pipe into flows. Now when the car is idling I cant even hear the cam and its not a very good hollow sound..now could the mufflers be the culprit? are there flowmasters that would make it sound so quite that I cant hear the cam in it? Even with an offroad H-Pipe it didnt have that really nice idle that sounds awesome. Now when im driving of course it gets louder but its still not that signiture mustang sound im looking for.Just need to know if the flows that are on it can cause it to be this quite or what? all mods are in sig PLEASE HELP! Oh and any suggestions on what mufflers to go with that will give me the hollow exhaust sound so I can hear the cam

JERSEYTHUNDER

Reaction score
I'd say the mufflers.....MAC....also,i'm taking off a MAC pro chamber (off road), that will give you the sound your looking for.
i'll be looking to sell it.

it's my daughters car...need to keep it low key.
jt

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
if you are talking about an offroad H-pipe I already have one of those sitting in my garage that I took off to put on the catted one. Even with the offroad pipe on there it still didnt have the hollow sound.

JERSEYTHUNDER

Reaction score
You have headers, off road H PIPE, and mufflers.....and you have no rummble?............. :dunno:

JT

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
no it has rumble...it had more rumble with the offroad H-pipe and it sounded good but it wasnt the hollow badass sound that I was looking for and I was guessing that was because of the mufflers. it has a pretty loud bass sound when driving but im looking for more when its idling...im hoping the guys I bought it from wasnt lieing about the E-cam and its just the mufflers that are killing the sound. Anyway to find out if it has an aftermarket cam in it without pulling it out the motor?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a O/R SLP X and FLow 40s and its pretty hollow sounding. I just need to get a set of LTs to make it perfect

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
Well whats your setup..it does sound pretty nice..let me know

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Go with a TRU X like SLP and get 1 chamber flows

OP
OP
A

armyed

Reaction score
well I like the sound that comes out of an H-Pipe better then the X and I know people get the hollow sound through H-Pipes too. But if I got 1 Chamber flows think that would give me the sound im looking for or would they just be extremely loud?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
armyed said:
Well whats your setup..it does sound pretty nice..let me know

Sorry, not sure if your asking me. Its an mac o/r H with mac flowpaths dumped @ the axle. No tailpipes or tips though, so you have to get use to that look.

But trust me.. dumping your exhaust is the best thing you could do :behind:

Downshift

Reaction score
An x pipe will give you that for sure. Get an offroad x it can get too hollow at times for me though.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
SLP just sounds like shit! Espicially when you let off the gas.

Go with a True X and FLows

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Fets said:
SLP just sounds like shit! Espicially when you let off the gas.

Go with a True X and FLows

Your personal and certainly ignorant opinion, my mustang has a mac cat back for you, and my ls1 trans am has a slp loud mouth and that thing sounds nasty.( As in good) So maybe it sounds different on a mustang, but on the trans am it is just plain awesome.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Your personal and certainly ignorant opinion, my mustang has a mac cat back for you, and my ls1 trans am has a slp loud mouth and that thing sounds nasty.( As in good) So maybe it sounds different on a mustang, but on the trans am it is just plain awesome.

Well considering this is a mustang site, I think I would be talking about mustangs :dunno:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Qeg8nAQ30M

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online