Getting the most out of a stock 94 motor?

DavidBoren

Reaction score
There are plenty of lists covering everything you can do to drop some weight. It's really just a matter of how far you want to take it. Lightweight brakes, manual brakes, the list goes on and on.

If you don't have fat tires up front, you can get away with manual steering, as well. That gets rid of your power steering pump/reservoir. Plus, without the smog pump, you can move the alternator down to where the smog pump was, and you could actually see your heads!

But the tubular suspension/K-member will save a lot of weight. Manual steering will free up some menial amount of horsepower because it's one less pulley for the engine to turn.

Carbon fiber driveshaft would be nice, and would certainly compliment a lightweight flywheel, if you chose to go that route. CF driveshaft usually cost $1,500 or so.

Port the intake. Get a dyno tune. It's hard to give instructions on how you should upgrade your car when you say you want to keep it stock(ish). But I get what you're saying, with the whole make better use of what is there sort of thing.

spank 141

Reaction score
both Jegs and summit make cheap nock-offs of weld wheels if you are looking to save some money in that department.

Roachedone

Reaction score
I used to run high 11's with a stock lower end, ported stock heads. B-cam and Holley System max itake.. car was lightened as you have done with yours.. i also ran 3.73s.. no emisions at all. no egr... no nothing.. ran a 1.85 60 foot for the best... just need to drive it out of the hole with out spinning...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online