Getting tired of my Flowmasters, thinking back to Turbos

dwcopple

Reaction score
Anyone ever ran Flowtech Raptors on their 4.6?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, the flowtech isnt a welded muffler and is a rolled seam type. They'll sound good for awhile but then they will eventually give up. Turbo mufflers are quiet. I had a set of trush turbo and they sounded awesome when the revs were up and it was quiet when cruising, but it didnt take long for them to blowout.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good question! I say blow them out but its more like they get leaky and begin to sound like junk. Thats not to say the raptors will. Turbo mufflers are cheap enough, playing around swapping them with different brands to find what youre looking for would be kind of fun.

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Ever check out SLP? I have the original SLP Loudmouth and am happy. Sounds great when I'm on it and has some drone cruising.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have cherry bombs on my 07 mid mounted with an off-road x pipe and they’re loud. They sound good but damn are they loud.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
Actually thinking of the Flow FX line...for those that don't know, I should also mention I have a BBK Xpipe with no cats installed too.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, I had the flow fx and a h pipe on my coyote, they arent bad mufflers but do not sound great on a coyote. They are built exactly like the magnaflow mufflers, all stainless body with the perforated pipe inside. I would be curious to see if the sound the same as magnaflows on a 2v.

I recently went to hooker maximum flow mufflers on the coyote and I couldnt be happier.

Whats the goal for the sound on this car?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I have tried a couple different exhaust systems
Borla got rid of within a week
Bbk got rid of within a month gone
Thrush turbo instantly gone
Glass pack on 69 fast back gone in 2days
Flowmaster love them

There is probably a couple I have not tried
But ill stick with Flowmaster for a while till I hear
A lot deeper rumblings

waynenorcross

Reaction score
@lwarrior1016 can chime in with first hand [Coyote] experience with Flow FX mufflers.

I suggest Magnaflow or Dynomax Ultraflow welded mufflers.
Somebody way back did a comparison test of different cat back systems and Magnaflow and Bassani were a few that actually showed a HP gain. Flowmasters lost HP. This test was performed with actual dyno testing. I ran the Magnaflow system on my '94 Cobra because they offered a full warranty on the mufflers and pipes. I had Dynoflows on it when I bought it but they only warranted the mufflers and I don't think the pipes were stainless steel.
Mated with a Bassani x-pipe with high flow cats the system sounded very good with no drone. And with only a home made CAI, mail order JMS chip, and an MSD ignition, I pulled 275 HP at the rear wheels. Not great but this was a '94 after all.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
I have a video of current sound I'll upload to YouTube and share tonight

joe65

Reaction score
Borla. Stingers nice, i have to work really hard to get them to drone a little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online