Glass Cleaner/Tire Shine

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok i have two questions.

1. What is the best auto glass cleaner out there? im about to run up to advanced to get something and i know they sell alot of products so i figured id pick some up while im there.

2. Tire Shine? which is the best? ive heard Black Magic is supposed to be insanely glossy and looks amazing and also keeps it on your tires, some tire shines have a problem with coming off to easily....

FEEDBACK!!! :banana:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
stoners glass cleaner and meguiars hot shine ftmfw! be sure to get the aerosol can of hotshine not the spay bottle. Was told the spray bottle doesnt apply as well as the aerosol

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
stoners glass cleaner and meguiars hot shine ftmfw! be sure to get the aerosol can of hotshine not the spay bottle. Was told the spray bottle doesnt apply as well as the aerosol

can you get those at Advanced Auto?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i dunno cuz we dont have one but i would about guarantee yes. I think even walmarts have em.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yep the stoners spray can glass cleaner FTW.

I also like the dupont tire shine with teflon. works good, very low buildup.
Pix in my thread - i'll put it up in a sec.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Sprayaway is the sh#t....that's all I use now. Carquest carries it for pretty cheap. And x2 on the micro fiber.....it's not clean,until you use a MF.

Black magic looks great,but traps a lot of dust. Hotshine FTW

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Ive had really good results using Invisible glass for my windows. I spray it on and use a clean microfiber and there are times i honestly had to double check to see if my window was down or not. As for tire shine I recently picked up something new called absolutely wet. Its kind of a cheaper tire cleaner but it looks absolutely amazing.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i need to pick up some micro fiber towels for cleaning my car and i guess for windows.
are there different kinds of different things?
like a MF for the windows, then one for the body or do you just buy a bulk pack of MFs and they are "universal"

i ended up picking up some Meguries HotShine Foam it worked pretty good. spary it on *white foam* then let it sit then whipe away. i thought at first i didnt like it cuz it wasnt like super glossy but then i realized they make them look like brand new tires and just nice and clean with a small gloss which works for me. but i heard there is a aerol stuff that you just spary on and its not foam so i guess i gotta look for that next time.

what else should i get and/or look for?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ooohohw, I like that spray stuff.

I used to do auto glass, and we used that stuff. I don't know where to get it locally.
I just went to buy some on Amazon (the link) and shipping is 23 bucks...

I'll have to keep looking.

ALITL8

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
i need to pick up some micro fiber towels for cleaning my car and i guess for windows.
are there different kinds of different things?
like a MF for the windows, then one for the body or do you just buy a bulk pack of MFs and they are "universal"

i ended up picking up some Meguries HotShine Foam it worked pretty good. spary it on *white foam* then let it sit then whipe away. i thought at first i didnt like it cuz it wasnt like super glossy but then i realized they make them look like brand new tires and just nice and clean with a small gloss which works for me. but i heard there is a aerol stuff that you just spary on and its not foam so i guess i gotta look for that next time.

what else should i get and/or look for?

yes there are different kinds for different uses but i use the same "plush" microfibers for windows that i use to remove compounds, polishes and waxes. well, not the exact same, i have a crate of window towels and a set for buffing. i probably own 300+ microfibers (all one type) and then a mess of cotton towels for misc stuff.

for tire shine, i get my stuff from a local detail supply... its called "ultra blue". ive tried others including Hot Shine but i always end up back with my ultra blue. i use the tire swipes to apply it... works great, looks great and last a good while O0

Dalamar said:
ooohohw, I like that spray stuff.

I used to do auto glass, and we used that stuff. I don't know where to get it locally.
I just went to buy some on Amazon (the link) and shipping is 23 bucks...

I'll have to keep looking.

i get my sprayway locally for $2 a can. check with the local "detail" supply or you might luck out and find it at Sam's. sometimes they carry it O0

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
so im going to make a run to get some stuff.

make me a list of what all to get

i have the tire shine and ima keep it till i use it all then switch to something else so

what all should i get?

ALITL8

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
so im going to make a run to get some stuff.

make me a list of what all to get

i have the tire shine and ima keep it till i use it all then switch to something else so

what all should i get?

dang buddy, that list could get long... can it wait till i get back from cleaning this 07 Escalade? im running late as is LOL

notice my tag ;D

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
ahahhahaha

dont make it to long.

just basics stuff i should get like
different kinds of towels and such, cleaners....

just not to mcuh ok? lol go do your thing then repost later

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll suggest some stuff, but I can be veto'd by Robert any day, because he's the man, and that's how he rolls.

You want:
MICROFIBER towells. the waffle kind absorbe much better for drying the car.
Wash Brush!

He likes the 3M polishes, and I think you can get that stuff at the local retailers.
Meguires is ok too if your buing there.

Are you going to buff?

Ya know, if your getting into polishing and all that jazz, obsessive detail is a sponser here, and we get a discount.
I just ordered some Mifrofiber towels, Poorboys stuff and applicators from him. you should take a look.

For ease of application and shine, the Natty's wax is great, wipe on, wipe off, sun or shade.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i personally like "The Absorber" synthetic chamois for drying cars ($10 at WalMart). i buy the plush microfibers for windows and removing wax, etc. (separate towels for each). i use chenille sponges/mitts for washing, personally i would never run a brush across my paint if you want a brush get one for cleaning tires and "bad" wheel wells. you need at least 2 5 gal buckets, one for the lower parts of the car and one for washing the paint and glass (brushes and sponges in the wheel bucket, mitts/chenille sponges and bug sponges in the wash bucket).

see im already tired of typing and the list could go on and on... what do you want to accomplish?

ALITL8

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
get on AIM alitl8

my sn is blue96gtstang

well im upgrading it right now... apparently i havent been on aim in quite some time :D

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I'll chime in and say that meguiars hotshine is the best and is what i use. The spray bottle works juuuust fine. O0

ALITL8

Reaction score
Tire_Swipes.jpg
FTW

when i use these i spray 2 or 3 shots across the bottom of the tire (no need to roll the car for complete coverage), load up the swipe with juice and spread it on. you guys using aerosols/foams need to try these... you'll never go back O0

Foam applicator spreads tire dressing smoothly and evenly with no mess.

* Eliminates overspray on wheel surfaces
* Prevents "runs and drips"
* Keeps your hands clean
* Use less tire dressing and prevents slinging
* Washable and reusable

Tire Swipes make applying tire dressing easier and neater. The foam applicators have a dense handle that keeps your hands clean. Plus, they’re contoured to help you spread the perfect amount of dressing while eliminating runs and drips. Because Tire Swipes are washable, you can use them again and again.

Say so long to oily hands, messy rags and wasted product. Hit the highways and byways with great looking tires and see what the road has to offer.

you can get them HERE and this is a fair price. i buy mine locally at AutoZone, Walmart, Orielly's, etc. when theyre in stock :dunno: they go fast!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online