Gloss Black or Satin Black???

Should I paint my rear wing...

• Gloss Black(matches wheels)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I've decided to get some SVE S350 wheels which are gloss black. After the wheels and tires are on my next step is an 03 Cobra hood and when the hood is getting painted I plan to have my rear spoiler painted as well. I know I want to paint it black but I can't decide which black so I thought I would put it up for a vote. Should I paint the wing gloss black to match my new wheels? Or, should I paint the wing satin black to match the Mach 1 chin spoiler and grille delete? Some pics below of my car and the wheels to help you vote:

Mustang.jpg

Side View.jpg

SVE S350s.jpg

b1pig

Reaction score
You could experiment before committing to paint with some wrap. You can peel it off and paint it after you decide.
I've had personal experience with gloss, flat and satin blacks. Unless you're going with all flat black trims, I think you should stick to the gloss. Satin is a mid-ground between the two. I've not had much luck with satin or flat blacks maintaining over time. They tend to catch more crud and have been harder for me to keep clean.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You could experiment before committing to paint with some wrap. You can peel it off and paint it after you decide.
I've had personal experience with gloss, flat and satin blacks. Unless you're going with all flat black trims, I think you should stick to the gloss. Satin is a mid-ground between the two. I've not had much luck with satin or flat blacks maintaining over time. They tend to catch more crud and have been harder for me to keep clean.
Yeah this is the thought I'm struggling with. I like to keep my cars clean and I think the gloss will be easier to keep clean, but I have always liked the look of the 03/04 Mach 1s. Wrapping is just as expensive as paint so not really worried about that. I'm leaning satin/flat like a Mach 1 right now. I figure this is more of a trial run anyways because I will switch to a Cobra R wing later.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
All it takes to keep satin details clean while waxing is a simple piece of tape. I can't remember the name at the moment but I know some wax that I think is safe to use on satin areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online