Going to buy new oil and change my oil today.....

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
What should i buy?

there is the big debate about different weights and all that stuff

so i need to know which would be the best to get

i know im going to get synthetic because its better for the motor but everything else i need feedback!!!
hurry!! lol

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i got valvoline 10w30 non synthetic, next time ima get syntheic, i got a new motor and i just wanted to put reg in for now. anyways, shes runnin good. got the EGR valve on as well and that was kinda fun lol

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
if its on a new motor, you should have just started it out on some synthetic.... next time pick some up. i use synthetic 10w-30 as well.. im using some cheap motorcraft right now though cause my valve seals... i go through a quart of oil every week or two...

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not really buying the whole synthetics is better deal unless you've got a race car or a car driven in EXTREME heat or cold. I change my conventional oil every 3 or 4 months which is usually 600-800 miles and feel pretty confident that I am treating my car very well. There is nothing wrong with using synthetics, it's just hard to prove that it is "better" oil for the average person. :dunno:

And right now I"m using Mobil-Clean 5000 oil.

97blackgt

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
I'm not really buying the whole synthetics is better deal unless you've got a race car or a car driven in EXTREME heat or cold. I change my conventional oil every 3 or 4 months which is usually 600-800 miles and feel pretty confident that I am treating my car very well. There is nothing wrong with using synthetics, it's just hard to prove that it is "better" oil for the average person. :dunno:

And right now I"m using Mobil-Clean 5000 oil.
actually synthetics are proven to add more horsepower typically...and they are just as good if not better at keeping the engine clean
but conventional oil works fine for the average person

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
actually synthetics are proven to add more horsepower typically...and they are just as good if not better at keeping the engine clean
but conventional oil works fine for the average person

x2.. synthetic oil is better than regular oil. its alot better for your car.. doesn't mean that conventional oil is bad by any means though. some cars probably don't need the extra protection that synthetic provides..

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
royal purple has proven that there synthectic oil frees up more HP than conventional oil...

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i have a brand new motor with 2400 miles on it, this was its first oil change. my brother said its better to wait until the 2nd one just to be safe. but then my friend who knows just as much as my brother *which they both know alot, brother is going to NTI, that nascar school* and my friend steven built a 600+ hp 68 all motor, anyways my buddy steven said that i could have run it and been fine from the get go. tell me why my dad told me if i put 10w30 in my car he was gunna drain it all out and put 5w20 back in it, so i told him i did an oil change and he asked what i put in it and i said 5w20 but i put 10w30 lol!!

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Well....if your engine was new,and this is your 2nd oil change....then you waited WAY too long. A rule of thumb for new motors is that your first engine heat cycle is for 30 minutes with non syn(5w20),then you drain the oil. Refil with non syn(5w20),and change oil again after 500 miles. Then,one more refil of 5w20 non syn,and change at 1500. After that,the motor is properly broken in,and it's safe to run full synthetic. Your father was right....and you should still run 5w20 until you hit 15k miles.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
my dad didnt let me change my oil when i wanted to.
its already broken in
they come broken in from jasper supposedly.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
plus my dad told me i wasnt allowed to change my oil till 3k miles, and its a new motor. i told him about changing it like you said and he called the shop that put my motor in and they told him i didnt have to and id be fine doing it every 3k miles like normal

wytstang

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
motorcraft syn blend O0
+1 I take oil and filter pretty seriously to the point where I actually send my oil out to get analyzed to make sure all is well. Well my last oil change was with MC 10w30 syn blend with MC FL1A and the result came back perfect (5,000 mile interval). Here my proof
OILSAMPLE1.jpg

OILSAMPLE2.jpg

As you can see they were very impressed with my oil sample. They actually want my to go 6,000 miles and I'm taking it there too. The extra fuel they found was from a bad injector I found and now replaced so all should be well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online