Going to look at a 32V tomorrow, need tech

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I'm going to check out this local 32V powered car. It's a 98 with 120k+ miles, that looks pretty clean, and I know mustang stuff in general, but I need to know what to look for when I look at the motor. Can anyone help with a check list for 32V or something like that?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
120k + miles i will not take a chance

unless you are gonna build it as soon as you get it

do some research you may be able to find a better 01 up 32 valve

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Check the valve covers and make sure it has the signed valve cover from the engine builders. I believe it is the right side valve cover. If it is not there ask alot of questions and find out why.

Also make sure the serial number has the number 47 in it. That designates Cobra coup. Check this website they have good info on the engines.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2005/svtcobracert.php

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
From the pictures I've seen, the valve covers are signed. The car looks 100% factory stock. I need to know what to look for as far as what the idle is like, and stuff like that. I need to know if there are any specific things I should look for on a problematic 32V

MouTine

Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:

How's that? I have 125k on clock and still going strong. No probs what so ever. Compression pressures in all cylinders are 165-195psi with cold engine. No oil leaks. No ratling, no ticking. These modular engines are built to last.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
MouTine said:
ıʌɐɾ said:

How's that? I have 125k on clock and still going strong. No probs what so ever. Compression pressures in all cylinders are 165-195psi with cold engine. No oil leaks. No ratling, no ticking. These modular engines are built to last.

125k? those are some miles on the clock dude, about how strong runs i have no idea so i wont make a comment on that,all i know is that there is always a better deal out there.

Modularfords.com is a good place to find a good deal

im Not trying to bash you but is just my opinion. :thumb:

MouTine

Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:
MouTine said:
ıʌɐɾ said:

125k? those are some miles on the clock dude, about how strong runs i have no idea so i wont make a comment on that,all i know is that there is always a better deal out there.

My former car, '93 Lnc TC, had 313k on clock when I sold it. Only thing I had to made was water pump and valve seals.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
MouTine said:
ıʌɐɾ said:
MouTine said:
ıʌɐɾ said:

My former car, '93 Lnc TC, had 313k on clock when I sold it. Only thing I had to made was water pump and valve seals.

As i stated above im not trying to bash your sale but 125k are some miles IMO

If i was the guy how is buying the motor i will look around but that is just me

Cool :p

badass98svt

Reaction score
I have 133k on my 98 and it runs like a raped ape.
It's all in how it's cared for.

Pay attention to the trans. the 96-98s have a weak ass trans (T-45). Make a few quick shifts and listen/feel for grinding. Also when downshifting to a stop.

Also take it up past 3200 rpms and manke sure it runs strong in the upper RPMs. if not, the IMRCs are sticking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online