Going to need help with installing new Holley terminator x on 95 mustang

Cobra82

Reaction score
Well after about a month of waiting finally got the new Holley terminator x yesterday in the mail. Going to be starting the installation this weekend. Need all the help on what to do for installation on a 95 car. Never done this before and any information can help. The car is built with a 78mm turbo so if any guys out there have experience with this system with a boosted application please help. Here in Florida

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
first step is to figure out where yo want to mount everything. Make it a place that you have access to so you can troubleshoot later

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
And make sure wherever you put the ecu, that your harnesses will reach.

Did you get a plug and play wire harness or are you building one? Using stock timing components or LS coils?

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
I ordered the fox kit witch most is a plug and play I guess from what most has said. The ecu will be under the passenger seat .from what I've seen everything as far as the wiring should reach fine. I've seen a few guys running the same kit on the sn95 cars. I have all msd systems with distributor but think im going to switch to the dual sync from holley

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
If it plugs in to all the stock sensors, your install will be very easy. Just try to lay your harness where it’ll run and make sure it will reach under the seat. I was going to put my Holley HP under the seat but it wouldn’t fit and the harnesses were going to be pulled too tight.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you might want to consider swapping from the ford IAC to the GM/chrysler version with the adaptor. I tried for a long time and just could not make the two work well together and from what I hear its a common problem.

The dual sync is supposed to make it really easy. I got a used dual sync and msd box a while back to replace the stock system but because it has not been a problem and I have been dealing with other things its all still in the box.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
It fit like a glove. All wires are under carpet and computer is mounted under seat. I do have a question about the MAT it says install it in the intake can I use it in the elbow behind throttle body

Attachments

• 20210313_185550.jpg
    20210313_185550.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210313_185602.jpg
    20210313_185602.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 25

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It fit like a glove. All wires are under carpet and computer is mounted under seat. I do have a question about the MAT it says install it in the intake can I use it in the elbow behind throttle body
I would go to a lightning maf that has the AIT in the maf for the best results myself. The only problem I see with that location is that once the intake heats up, it could throw the temp of the sensor off a bit to where its reading the intake and not the air.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
So I should just install it in the lower intake than. Would that be a better place for it.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
I have a typhoon intake and I think it would go on driver's side next to the the #5 injector just 8n front of it. So now since I took all the stock ecu wires out I noticed that it took the right front wheel speed sensor wire with it. So any help on what I might need to take off the old harness

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The fox AIT is located there. Wheel speed sensor is just two wires to extend or connect to. I had to cut one of mine because of some stuff mounted on top of it so I just soldered them back together.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Don’t put your mat/iat in the intake manifold. The intake will heat soak and make your sensor thing the air charge is hotter than actual.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
Don’t put your mat/iat in the intake manifold. The intake will heat soak and make your sensor thing the air charge is hotter than actual.
Than we're should it be installed at than if not in the intake?

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Install the iat sensor in the intake tube, not the intake manifold. I do not know if it goes before or after boost though. That’ll take some research

TrickVert

Reaction score
I installed my IAT sensor in the elbow so it will see the actual air temperature as it enters the intake after compression rather than the cooler ambient air temp.

IMG_20141215_205400.jpg

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
I installed my IAT sensor in the elbow so it will see the actual air temperature as it enters the intake after compression rather than the cooler ambient air temp.

View attachment 9718
That is where I installed the new one that came in the holley terminator x kit and guys telling me not to put it there. Is your car boosted by chance. My car is turbo.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
you might want to consider swapping from the ford IAC to the GM/chrysler version with the adaptor. I tried for a long time and just could not make the two work well together and from what I hear its a common problem.

Ok so if I wanted to switch to a gm style IAC where do I get one and who do I get the adapter plate to run one from?

The dual sync is supposed to make it really easy. I got a used dual sync and msd box a while back to replace the stock system but because it has not been a problem and I have been dealing with other things its all still in the box.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
Is this what would work to I have a 75mm BBK body

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-151223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210315-151223_Chrome.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Iat after boost but before the intake manifold. The aluminum of the intake holds a lot of heat compared to the intake tube. Your sensor will read the heat of the intake but the air charge will be cooler and the sensor still reads hot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online