going to the track for the first time tonight!!

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
tonight after work arount 8 im headin up to good old atco raceway to run for my frist time, im hoping for low 14's with my mods
4.10's
diablo tune ( i have an auto )
k&n fipk
long tubes
mac prochamber
flowmaster cat back

ill post up my times tonight when i get back

ALITL8

Reaction score
i8ur-riceburner said:
thanks, cant wait, i think stock auto gts from 98 run low 15's?

yep, mid to low 15's depending on the driver. good luck with those low 14's, im trying to get there myself. best so far with a 5sp is 14.6 @ 93 with mods listed in sig and 315 Nitto DR's.

be sure to post your times in the SN95 ET List in the Track Talk section!!!

OP
OP
I

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
im still runnin the shitty ass stock tires n its cold out so i gota do a nice burnout

ALITL8

Reaction score
i8ur-riceburner said:
im still runnin the shitty ass stock tires n its cold out so i gota do a nice burnout

i was told street tires get real slippery if you get them too hot. i wouldnt heat them up too much, just knock the dust off till they "start" to smoke. if im wrong someone please correct me :dunno: i havent had a lot of luck launching since i have very little experience on the track. best on street tires (315 Sumitomo) is a 2.2xx, on the Nittos my best so far is a 2.001 but i still havent mastered getting them hot enough :dunno:

rgs

Reaction score
do not do a burnout with street tires!! it WILL make them slippier.

all you need to do is give em a quick spin to clean em off, you dont even wanna see smoke.

smokinya9

Reaction score
hey guys i live in south texas so no need for snow tires but there good on the street and they work well at the track (continantal winter tires) they get sticky when there heated i have no spin problems at the track im sure once i do gears no more snow tires lol but they work great with my set up right now the other tires i had on where more a high performance tire and they would spin bad at the track if i put the pedal to the metal i had to take off alittle easier out of the hole but with the SNOW TIRES it balls to the wall out of the hole

ALITL8

Reaction score
smokinya9 said:
hey guys i live in south texas so no need for snow tires but there good on the street and they work well at the track (continantal winter tires) they get sticky when there heated i have no spin problems at the track im sure once i do gears no more snow tires lol but they work great with my set up right now the other tires i had on where more a high performance tire and they would spin bad at the track if i put the pedal to the metal i had to take off alittle easier out of the hole but with the SNOW TIRES it balls to the wall out of the hole

what kind of 60' time are you pulling on snow tires and what RPM do you launch at? i think ive heard something about using old snow tires before but thought they were kidding :dunno:

still waiting to hear how i8ur-riceburner did :noes:

GDawg

Reaction score
You're probably still in bed but when you get up.... post your times!

I'm interested in hearing your experience of your first time. I'll be going in the Spring for my first time.

OP
OP
I

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
well to make a long story short guys, blown driveshaft + no internet bc comcast sucks ball = disaster but both are up and runnin now so i gota postpone my run at the track :( maybe this weekend or monday

OP
OP
I

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
on my way to the track, i woulda been pissed if i had to pay n waste the money then blow the driveshaft lol but its all good now, so hopefully i can make it sat or mon

ALITL8

Reaction score
sorry about your driveshaft, i was wondering what happened to you. glad you got her put back together. we got rained out last weekend so we're gonna try to go back out this Sunday. im hoping to run a lower 14 ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online