Going Wingless

spitfirees20

Reaction score
It's the next thing I want to do with my stang; what size plugs do I need to fill up the holes, and where can I find them? Thanks! :)

gt96stang

Reaction score
Don't do it :slap: :slap:.. Plugs just look like a cheapass way of doing it.. If you want to do it, do it right and get them filled..

edit: but if you must, just go pick some up at any auto parts store, I bought a multipack because the holes are 2 different sizes.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i used the black pushpins that you use for the interior and painted them with some touch up paint...i will be putting mine back in soon enough.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
You could also do like I did and find someone who doesn't have o ne on theirs and trade deck lids with them,if you're also lucky like me,you'll find one in the same color as yours.There's a shitload of base models roaming around that would probably like one, them voila' no spoiler no holes.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i took mine off and i need to put it back on since i dont like it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
So just a mulltipack of plugs would do it? No particular sizes?

They are called Hillman's Hole Plugs and Home Depot and Lowes sell them in packs. I think it was 3/8 and 7/8 but you could just measure your holes to be certain what the 2 sizes are.

96sohc

Reaction score
I used the black interior push-clips and siliconed them from the inside, it has yet to leak.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Hybridbird said:
You could also do like I did and find someone who doesn't have o ne on theirs and trade deck lids with them,if you're also lucky like me,you'll find one in the same color as yours.There's a shitload of base models roaming around that would probably like one, them voila' no spoiler no holes.
Yeah, this is true and the way to go.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got alittle ricer in me :rollinglaugh:
I like a nice rear sppoiler, especially on a vert.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i have to agree with you drop, i took my wing off and i don't like it one bit. It just don't look right, i've seen 99 up's with no wing and they look good, especially the bullet clones and bullets

white98stang

Reaction score
i had to take mine off because of a crack and im getting my side scoops on this week heres a pic

[attachment deleted by admin]

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
96sohc said:
I used the black interior push-clips and siliconed them from the inside, it has yet to leak.

+1 but they also fade after time.
that's why you paint them with touch up paint then clear them..

i'm too lazy to go to autozone and pick up to more pushpins, so if it looks like its gonna rain, i just put some tape over the two holes i have open. :hammer:

voidfinger

Reaction score
man, all the durn hard tops i'm seeing look so sweet without the wing.....it just don't look right on a vert though. :mad:

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, its off right now. I don't like it at all. :( but i'm going to try and hurry with my wing repair and get it back on :thumb:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea, its off right now. I don't like it at all. :( but i'm going to try and hurry with my wing repair and get it back on :thumb:
what's wrong with your wing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.