Gonna put her down

anguem

Reaction score
Hey everyone here in a week or so I'm gonna put my 95 cobra down and tear into the top end to freshen her up a bit here's what I was looking to do. Throw away hacked up Honda civic cai (previous owner) and replace. Pull off maf and clean. Pull off the tb and clean. Pull off the intake and clean thoroughly and paint. Pull off the valve covers and clean then and have then sent off and powder coated. And of course new gaskets and hoses all around along with plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Anything I can do to while I'm at it the should be replaced or a cheaper priced upgrades. Maybe a cam if someone has a good recommendation for a stock motor which has 169,000.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Even just a e303 would wake it up a little . I would send out a bunch of stuff for powder coating at this time then valve covers intake manifold timing cover etc

RichV

Reaction score
Do a full exhaust as well. A cam is a great idea while in there.

94/95 Cobras are the shit!

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Do a full exhaust as well. A cam is a great idea while in there.

94/95 Cobras are the shit!

That's all good and everything but I'm looking at things motor related that should be replaced while I'm at it. It already has an offroad h pipe with a flowbastard on it for now so I'm fine with that for the moment.

And yes these cobras are the shit. That's why I got her. Everyone has a modular cobra but the 5.0 was just those two years which makes it a collector in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
If you're going that far you might as well replace all of your sensors and sending units too. When I do my Cobra intake swap I plan on getting a new tps and iac which will make all of my sensors etc. brand new since my engine rebuild.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Ok if I replace those two isn't that the only two sensors for the intake. What other would I need.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
There's also ECT sensor that's in the coolant tubes on the front passenger side over the intake, IAT (I think) on the driver side of the intake, just a one-wire temp sending unit in the lower intake, and your act sensor in the intake tube. One of those guys^^ will correct me if that was wrong. But if the car has 169K I think I would go ahead and replace them if it were me, assuming they had never been replaced.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Yea that's right I remember seeing that lil thing on there. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

RichV

Reaction score
Your thread title is misleading. It's like a dog being put down. :)

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Lol at RichV. Yea I thought I was gonna be reading a part-out or 'my motor grenaded on me today' thread at first. Lol

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Lol if that happened I would have put time to put her out to pasture.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online