good cam

pject94

Reaction score
what cam are everbody runin in a 94-95 mustang that idle good

ryclef331

Reaction score
Any cam CAN possibly throw your ECU for a idling nightmare. The steeda 19 cam is supposedly ground to help prevent this but there are plenty of cars with STOCK cams that can't idle for shit so how hard you believe the "hype" is up to you. I would personally call a reputable cam company and ask them what they reccomend. Guys study engine building to for years to learn what makes power and what doesn't. I leave cams to the experts. Comp Cams is my choice with their new xtreme energy series

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
yes what he said, and whatever you do, stay away from the "e" cam. the guy before me installed an e303 cam in my 95 gt, with stock heads and
intake manifold still on the car. what an idiot... I second the comp cams as noted above, but also you might want to look into saving up
and buying a h/c/i package deal such as trickflow, or edelbrock, where all the components are made to fit each other.

OP
OP
P

pject94

Reaction score
i have a edelbrock head and intake and a b303 but i dont like the b303 want somthing that idle goods

Z28 This

Reaction score
off the shelf ford cams in my opinion suck..the technology isnt there...im partial to a 1087 cam if you can find one with the oringinal grind, i just bought one and am preparing to put it in with gt40p heads ;D and also comp cam is good or get someone to custom grind you a cam..like ed curtis or jay allen...

fst95coupe

Reaction score
I have the XE270HR14 the techs at comp highly recommended this cam and told me no obd1 issues that it will idle w/ no probs B/S it would not idle for crap untill I chip and tuned it but the cam is awsome idles a little lopey about 850 and pulls hard right off idle to 6k. HIghly rec this cam w/ my combo check out my sig

Suspect

Reaction score
just curious, but how much does a custom grind cam go for?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online