good cam

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by pject94, Apr 11, 2007.

1. pject94

pject94 New Member

what cam are everbody runin in a 94-95 mustang that idle good

2. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Any cam CAN possibly throw your ECU for a idling nightmare. The steeda 19 cam is supposedly ground to help prevent this but there are plenty of cars with STOCK cams that can't idle for shit so how hard you believe the "hype" is up to you. I would personally call a reputable cam company and ask them what they reccomend. Guys study engine building to for years to learn what makes power and what doesn't. I leave cams to the experts. Comp Cams is my choice with their new xtreme energy series

3. 2slo95fiveoh

2slo95fiveoh Well-Known Member

yes what he said, and whatever you do, stay away from the "e" cam. the guy before me installed an e303 cam in my 95 gt, with stock heads and
    intake manifold still on the car. what an idiot... I second the comp cams as noted above, but also you might want to look into saving up
    and buying a h/c/i package deal such as trickflow, or edelbrock, where all the components are made to fit each other.

4. pject94

pject94 New Member

i have a edelbrock head and intake and a b303 but i dont like the b303 want somthing that idle goods

5. 2slo95fiveoh

2slo95fiveoh Well-Known Member

i would go with rycleff and order a comp cams, i have heard nothing but good things about them. O0

6. Z28 This

Z28 This Active Member

off the shelf ford cams in my opinion suck..the technology isnt there...im partial to a 1087 cam if you can find one with the oringinal grind, i just bought one and am preparing to put it in with gt40p heads ;D and also comp cam is good or get someone to custom grind you a cam..like ed curtis or jay allen...

7. fst95coupe

fst95coupe New Member

I have the XE270HR14 the techs at comp highly recommended this cam and told me no obd1 issues that it will idle w/ no probs B/S it would not idle for crap untill I chip and tuned it but the cam is awsome idles a little lopey about 850 and pulls hard right off idle to 6k. HIghly rec this cam w/ my combo check out my sig

8. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

just curious, but how much does a custom grind cam go for?

9. MuscleMustang95

MuscleMustang95 Member

Another awsome cam company in my opinion is Iskenderian Cams. >:D

10. Z28 This

Z28 This Active Member

depends but usually 250+