Good Day

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Just became a SN95 owner. Thought I'd just join everything I could related to get a large knowledge base started for when I go to start tearing into this thing.

First things first I suppose. I'm from Indiana, race karts competitively and cross country dirtbikes semi-competitively. Just bought this primo 96 GT from the local Cadillac dealer lol.

Here is a list of the mods:
Flowmaster muffler's
Stock everything else.

Couple cool things about the car; 5spd, original cassette deck, crank windows, and manual locks. Basically as base as it gets with a GT model.
But I did just order Eibach Sportline springs and the J&M Castor/Camber Kit from LMR. ;)

13179394_10156797333720167_1101615862934769083_n.jpg

13151511_10156793692690167_7824990685560796533_n.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Very clean car! Welcome home dood!

Good choice on springs! Should give the car a nice stance!

Be sure to start a build thread so we can track your progress

PinkieT

Reaction score
I just got my first SN95 less than two years ago, my second last fall, and have learned a heck of a lot from people on this site. Welcome!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from across the river!!

What part of Indiana??

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
garrittpwl

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Very clean car! Welcome home dood!

Good choice on springs! Should give the car a nice stance!

Be sure to start a build thread so we can track your progress

Will do!

Welcome from across the river!!

What part of Indiana??

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I'm about 10 minutes west of Indianapolis.

Also, anyone know what I gotta do about getting a radio in this car? I want a single DIN with a nice clean look, bluetooth and adjustable lighting colors, I hate to buy a radio that has blue lights and my dash lights are green. Something that drives me insane in my Dakota. I know about the ford specific removal process, and I have the tools to do it, but will a single DIN just fit right in?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Welcome from another hoosier! :wave: I'm up by Fort Wayne.

Also, anyone know what I gotta do about getting a radio in this car? I want a single DIN with a nice clean look, bluetooth and adjustable lighting colors, I hate to buy a radio that has blue lights and my dash lights are green. Something that drives me insane in my Dakota. I know about the ford specific removal process, and I have the tools to do it, but will a single DIN just fit right in?

You'll just have to shop around for a single DIN stereo that you like that has the features you're looking for. Any single DIN stereo will fit right in without issue. Just make sure to get a wire harness kit so you can adapt the new radio to your car's radio harness without hacking it up.

As far as removing the old one, it's straight forward and requires nothing special besides the radio removal tool that looks like this:

t_urt460.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Will do!

I lived in Indy for over 7 years.

Pioneer has a few single din decks for reasonably cheap that have Bluetooth and has limitless color adjustment.

OP
OP
garrittpwl

garrittpwl

Reaction score
I lived in Indy for over 7 years.

Pioneer has a few single din decks for reasonably cheap that have Bluetooth and has limitless color adjustment.

Cool Pioneer it is then, they don't look too gawky at least

Welcome from another hoosier! :wave: I'm up by Fort Wayne.

You'll just have to shop around for a single DIN stereo that you like that has the features you're looking for. Any single DIN stereo will fit right in without issue. Just make sure to get a wire harness kit so you can adapt the new radio to your car's radio harness without hacking it up.

As far as removing the old one, it's straight forward and requires nothing special besides the radio removal tool that looks like this:

t_urt460.jpg

Thanks for the info! I snagged the tool at walmart the other day to get a look behind the radio, so tonight I'll be over in Avon shopping for a cheap Pioneer. I rode around all weekend listening to my cassette/aux crackle and had to do something about it. I hate a/m radios usually but I'd rather have music.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You could just put white LED's behind the gauge cluster and make all of your lighting blue :)

Welcome aboard!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool Pioneer it is then, they don't look too gawky at least

Thanks for the info! I snagged the tool at walmart the other day to get a look behind the radio, so tonight I'll be over in Avon shopping for a cheap Pioneer. I rode around all weekend listening to my cassette/aux crackle and had to do something about it. I hate a/m radios usually but I'd rather have music.

Go to the west Washington flea market on the weekend and go see the Koreans, Kim and Yong.

They're good friends, tell them Logan sent you. If they're not in that location anymore last time I talked to them they had opened a location up on w38th street. I can try and get ahold of them to find out for sure.

Find the model you want by looking on line and message me and I'll see if they have it in stock and get you a price. They will have the harness and everything needed.

OP
OP
garrittpwl

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Go to the west Washington flea market on the weekend and go see the Koreans, Kim and Yong.

They're good friends, tell them Logan sent you. If they're not in that location anymore last time I talked to them they had opened a location up on w38th street. I can try and get ahold of them to find out for sure.

Find the model you want by looking on line and message me and I'll see if they have it in stock and get you a price. They will have the harness and everything needed.

Too late :p Bought a kenwood at Best Buy in Avon, and installed it. lol

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Dammm.. you could of gotten one from crutchfield with everything you need. I got my Kenwood Excelon x596 for like 120 shipped with all harnesses. I got a Jensen touchscreen recently with a back up camera for 350 shipped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online