Good deed rewarded...

PinkieT

Reaction score
At the local pull a part check-in desk I was behind two women. Cracked coolant overflow on the daughter's Taurus, going back to college the next day, and the dealer didn't have the part in stock. They had no clue they had to find the car and pull the part themselves. The clerk explained to them that no, the employees couldn't pull it for her and they had no tools to loan. I was going to the Ford section anyway so offered to help. They found a Taurus with a good one. I unhooked the two upper hoses but couldn't get to the hose clamp on the hose to the radiator so decided to undo it from the bottom. Got a face full of anti-freeze! Got the bolts out and the mom snaked the hose out from the top while I helped from the bottom. They looked it over, said it was the right one, and thanked me. I said no problem, glad to help, good luck in college. Then the mom tried to give me a $20. I kept refusing but she insisted. She said if I didn't want the money to donate it to my church or a charity. Done! They got their part, the local animal shelter got a donation.

SNorange94

Reaction score
That's great man, good for you. I think it's great to donate to a good cause. I'm a shriner's baby, so I donate whenever possible.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
That's great man, good for you. I think it's great to donate to a good cause. I'm a shriner's baby, so I donate whenever possible.

I'm not a Shriner, but play in a Cleveland area Shrine big band as a sub. Good people. One of the local Shrines holds a Hillbilly Hot Rod cruise every year, huge show, great time. This year it was postponed due to construction...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online