Good news, Bring on the power adder!!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i havent ordered anything for the car the whole winter so this week i ordered some small stuff that need replaced and got a compression tester to see how the motor is feeling and if it is up to some juice or boost. The motor was supposed to have been rebuilt not long before i bought it but there wasnt any proof so i dont trust salesman so i figured i would see how the comp was before i did anything (car has 94k on it). The results were great! 1-3 were 151 and 4-8 were 149. :dancing6: So now all it needs is some juice or boost. Now i just got to decide which one. Originally was going n2o until i saw tad talk about the rotrex sc. I am kind of torn but if money permits and the numbers on the test mule are great i will be going with the rotrex. The thing is if i go n2o i can probably get it sooner and get some other fun stuff too. When i was pulling all the plugs out i kind of thought that the #2 plug looked funny so i got the flashlight and realized that when they put the plugs in they cracked the ceramic and didnt realize it. Basically one whole side of the ceramic was gone so now in the morning i have to run to the parts store to pick up some plugs (of course everything was closed by the time i saw the plug). I hope it was hurting the performance :) .

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well she is now put back together with a new set of autolite 24's. I dunno if its just in my head but it seems to be running smoother. She pulled nicely up to 110. I need to get the proper wire seperators for the livewires. They want $60 for there billet pieces though but they should fit better i guess. I got moroso 11mm because of the extra heat shielding on the livewires but it fits loosely. Maybe ill get 9mm or 10mm that clamp on instead of snapping in. Im going to pull the plugs in a week and see how they are looking. I think it is running a little lean.

Ya i know a sc would be nice for some reasons but nitrous would be good for things too. The "temporary" FI would always be there when i needed it still. And the $$ saved would go towards other parts of the car (need some ceramic headers among many other "little" things). I will wait to see how tad's test mule does and also how my money is going to be. I think that rotrex will put out some great numbers and if it does i pry wont be able to resist it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online