Good place to buy forged rotating assembly?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm picking up a PI from intake manifold to oil pan for a number next to nothing. So the plan is to throw it on my engine stand and start tearing into it. Probably end up making this the motor for the turbo build since it's an 03 so it has the better threaded heads. Total power goals for the car are 7-800 IF, and that's a big if, I can get it there. I definitely want no less than 600 but 7-800 would allow me to hang with a larger crowd up here. Believe me even at 800, you're still slow up here. That being said, where would you guys recommend looking for forged rotating assemblys? I've never torn into an engine, but there's a first for everything, and I've got many friends who have built engines from pieces sitting in the garage so it will go together.

So far I've found MMR sells them, but I've heard some hit or miss reviews on them
Modular Head Shop
Mod Max

Anyone else I'm forgetting? And of those, who would you go with?

I should add: I have no fuuugin clue when this will get done. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the turbo kit built and on the car now, or wait till I do this. It's all up in the air. I'm just going by the deals I find. Lol

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I've been looking into it as well. Most of the problems I've heard/read from MMR have been people sending motors in to have them rebuilt. I'll be doing the same search as you hopefully later than sooner. If I have to soon, it means that my motor is FUBAR.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Good point there Casey I didn't even think about that. Buying parts from them you're probably not AS likely to hit a snafu

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine from Cushman Motorsports (formerly VT Engines).

http://www.cushmanmotorsports.com/

You can find Scott on Facebook, he posts on most of the Mustang groups and talk with him. He will even work deals with you. I was buying stuff from them through Myspace, thats how long I have been dealing with them.

Also got my cams there.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I've heard of them. Thanks Bob I'll definitely find Scott and chat with him when I'm ready to buy. I see they also sell CG fab. I've never seen anyone sell CG other than CG, and my local speed shop. That's got to account for something

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I parted all my stuff from different vendors. Found forged cobra crank brand new on corral, bought pistons/rods (manley) from Jim at VT and his blower cams, sent my PI heads and Edelbrock manifold to MMR for their stage 3 port job and assembled it all myself with ARP goods. Keep in mind 700+ through a 2v with PI heads will require tons of fuel and boost, a built rear, a built trans...etc. It takes most guys years and 15+ thousand to get there.

Rallim

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about Coast High stuff? I've been looking at their stuff, was thinking about doing a 331 stroker from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99