GOOD SOUNDING BOV FOR A VORTECH V-1

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
hey everyone i was wondering if there was a good sounding bov out there for a vortech v-1?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
You are going to need a whole new MAF setup if you want to do that....

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
a quote over from good old Turbomustangs.com by TurboShortBus

"Keep in mind that the ECU shuts down the injectors when engine RPM is greater than 1700-ish and the throttle goes closed. The "momentary rich" condition with the BOV after the MAF that everybody talks about isn't there.

As I posted here: http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=80123.0

You can kick around rocket science and theories all day long, but for 99% of us, just put the BOV in one of these areas and you'll never notice any performance difference:

1. Where it fits the best
2. Where it's the easiest to work on
3. Where it looks the coolest

Mark"

so get out there and have some fun O0

Peter

Reaction score
He was refering to a turboed car, on a blown car with a draw through maf setup is screws with the readings because with the bypass the air is recirculated back into the blower inlet pipe and put through the motor again. If there was a BOV to the atmosphere then that air would be gone but the computer would think it is still in the engine and screw up the tune of the car. I dont know what the effects would be but Im sure it would be to great.

If you had a blow through maf then you could run a BOV just in front of the maf without any issues.

At least thats what I read on the corral.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online