Good stance...

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by jstafford, Mar 5, 2015.

1. jstafford

jstafford New Member

I'm wanting to get a better stance on my 03 vert. Not going to track it really so just wanting it to sit better. Are new springs all I really need or do I need more? And what a good "not too extreme" drop that looks good and rides well?

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

All depends on your taste and definition...

For the "typical" look better stance, get springs (eibach pro or h&r?) Upgraded shocks/struts, cc plates and aftermarket wheels or spacers.

Go through some build threads and see what you like

3. Caboose302

Caboose302 Well-Known Member

If you want more than 2-2.5" you can do that with cheap ebay Springs but I wouldn't recommend them. I have them and they're way too soft in the corners and too hard on the straights. Anything over 1.5" is recommended to add in CC plates and/or a bumpsteer kit, so you might want to factor that into your cost.

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

air ride makes it easy :)

5. jstafford

jstafford New Member

I'm not looking for more than 1.5" really. But I may still get cc plates either way.

6. sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95 Well-Known Member

You could do h&r super sports with new isos/shocks and struts/cc plates for a nice low stance. Would look good and handle well

If you dont want to go that low you might be able to get away with eibach prokits without cc plates but its recommended to upgrade shocks/struts

Edit: For a 1.5" drop eibach prokits or h&r sports would be a good choice

7. Cpotts13

Cpotts13 Well-Known Member

Dont even think about lowering springs using OEM shocks and struts. It will work, but will ride like ass. Id say H&R supersports with all isolators in, sr cc plates, and fox length tokicos or konis.

8. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

H&R SuperSports are always my spring recommendation; I loved mine. Pair them with a quality strut and camber plates and you'll be pretty happy. Don't be afraid of lowering more than 1.5", it's really not that much on our cars and if you want it to look the best you'll have to go lower.

9. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

Ford Racing B Springs. Doesn't get any better, especially if you find em used. Mine were dirt cheap.

10. jstafford

jstafford New Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I haven't delved too much into suspension upgrades so this is new territory for me.

11. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

Nice thing about short drops, you don't have to buy cc plates. Just throw a good set of Tokico Blue's and call it a day.

12. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Letting us know what shocks/struts you are running as well as camber plates would help.

Assuming everything is stock, H&R super sports (keep the isos in), maximum motorsports dampers, and a nice set of camber plates will be all you ever need for a minor drop and great ride quality.

13. jstafford

jstafford New Member

As far as I know she's stock suspension wise.

14. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

you can find camber plates and stuff used too if you don't wanna spend the money for new. MM stuff is top notch quality.

15. Cpotts13

Top notch yes, overkill for stock location springs? YES. I say a set of sr cc plates from american muscle are all you will need if you don't plan on coil overs. They're machined from a single piece of metal. Very impressive for the price.. $150 shipped I believe.

[​IMG]

16. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

ehh that may be true but to each their own. Overkill is underrated, I went with less adequate plates to start with cause I didn't know what my future held and then some years later I ended up getting new ones. Rather just get some that would be good for whatever I might need in the future considering new MM plates can be had for under $200 and as you agreed, that's for top notch parts that will be good for anything and everything.

17. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

+1 Had cost effective ones, ended up needing more adjustment. Bought MM, I'm not even on coilovers. I'd just buy MM right from the beginning.

18. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

$50 more for a set of cc plates that you won't have to change out no matter what spring, coilover, or strut combination you go with isn't really overkill. However paying $150 for 3 bolt camber plates that are made in China may be underkill. To each their own though amirite.

19. jstafford

jstafford New Member

There's a Mm dealer close to me. I'm probably gonna get their SFCs and might get CC plates as well. He gets good prices on their stuff.

20. Cpotts13

To each his own I suppose, guess it just depends on your budget..