Good sub boxes for our cars

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with swapping to 2 10" subs. nice hard tight bass sounds better than muddy long bass notes imo.

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Regardless of if you get 10s or 12s the box that i recommended in my earlier post can be ordered for both. Plus it's specifically made for our cars and looks pretty flush back there as far as fit and finish.
It really is a nice box.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Regardless of if you get 10s or 12s the box that i recommended in my earlier post can be ordered for both. Plus it's specifically made for our cars and looks pretty flush back there as far as fit and finish.
It really is a nice box.

I love the looks of that. At first I couldn't see how it went flush in the trunk. I'm going to have to measure the depth of my subs. the older P3s say the depth is 9.5" but the new ones are only 6. Once i measure them, if they fit, that's what I'm getting. Thanks!

jpond210

Reaction score
I had to remove my back seat to fit my 12's. Its just four bolts. Good luck if anyone tries to steal them.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I had to remove my back seat to fit my 12's. Its just four bolts. Good luck if anyone tries to steal them.

Lol. When I first got the car with the subs in it, my insurance said they would cover sound systems IF they were bolted down. I laughed at the lady and said someone will have to use a sawzall to get these things out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

drew_swiz

Reaction score
This convo is perfect....okay I bought 2 12" kicker comps
ybarupy7.jpg
and I took my old set up out and went to put the subs in.........the box is TO BIG no possible way of getting them in....so does anyone know what I should do...should I look for a smaller box or should I go somewhere and try and get a customized one built????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I looked into custom ones and they are outrageous. I hear there's a way to take the rear seat frame out from around the trunk area but I haven't tried it. I had to dismantle my box to get it out the first time. Look into the box [MENTION=18922]Tekton1377[/MENTION] posted. Looks like it should fit really nice.

Tekton1377

Reaction score
It's a little tricky to get in but it fits awesome. Contours to the wheel wells and everything.

jpond210

Reaction score
Its really easy to remove the rear seat. I had my sub's in and put back together in 20 min.

drew_swiz

Reaction score
It's a little tricky to get in but it fits awesome. Contours to the wheel wells and everything.

Did you install them yourself...and those were 2 12" correct?

drew_swiz

Reaction score
Yes. I did everything from front to back by myself. And yes they are two Kenwood twelves.

Okay because I really need to get mine put in ASAP and I haven't been able to find them online...okay last question did you get them in threw the trunk? Or back seats?

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Okay because I really need to get mine put in ASAP and I haven't been able to find them online...okay last question did you get them in threw the trunk? Or back seats?

I got them in threw the trunk. Box first then put the subs in.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
why are you throwing your boxes around? To big to fit through the hole? There is really a number of better ways to get it through the little opening with out having to get enough speed to get it through the hole......

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Was it a pain in the but to undo the Mach 460 system in order to fit the subs in?

Not for me. The amp was already gone when I got the car so I just unhooked the speakers, Put my sub box in and hooked up some slimmer pioneers to clear the box.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I got them in threw the trunk. Box first then put the subs in.

Talked to these guys a couple days ago after i bought my stuff back and was excited to get it. BUT the magnet is 8" instead of 6" like they account for so it made the speakers too big. I found a way to use my old box but it'd still be nice to have a trunk again. When I change to 10's I'll get that box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online