Good tall valve covers for 94 Mustang GT

ReplicaR

Reaction score
So I'm looking for a good valve covers for the 94 GT. I've got a cam with a lot of lift, so they have to be pretty tall, so that there is no interference with the roller rockers. It must also be able to work with SN95 intake manifold, so fox style straight up filler neck will not work for this. I can't really find anything on summit, so I'm hoping someone will chime in.

Right now I'm using Fox valve covers, with filler neck angled to clear the throttle body, and filler baffle removed to clear the roller rockers. I would like to have something that still keeps the baffle, because lack of one, and high revs cause the oil to go into the vent tube and into the throttle body.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Im thinking it's gonna be tough finding someone who has switched out their valve covers for taller units and kept their stock intake. This may up being one of those AS YOU GO mods where you buy your taller VC's and try them out and see if the TB clears. If not then a spacer would be needed but I don't know if you still run your stock tower brace and if so will the intake now come in contact. Hopefully someone chimes in.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Also you don't need to keep the oil fill tube in the stock location. There are plenty of valve covers with the hole in the opposite end near the firewall which would clear everything. And if your dead set on leaving it in the stock location you can use a TrickFlow oil fill tube. It has a pop off cap vs a screw off so it's much smaller and fits next to the TB. Here's my setup.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Which valve covers are you using? My current OEM Fox valve covers with removed baffle work well, but I would like to keep the baffle.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Have you considered taking another driver side fox valve cover and drilling a new hole for the filler where it works for you? Otherwise, barring a fox TB swap, to use tall valve covers you'll have to run an intake spacer. Period.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I'll have to take a look on that side. Believe it or not, that side is pretty busy on my car as well. Is there a difference in how the oil drains into the oil pan? I would assume no, since the heads don't have a left / right designation.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look on that side. Believe it or not, that side is pretty busy on my car as well. Is there a difference in how the oil drains into the oil pan? I would assume no, since the heads don't have a left / right designation.

Aside from the lack of baffling/oil filler, the valve covers are virtually identical:

B8770503-A14D-42B7-9566-BD99CB7E734D_zpsrz7q1rbm.jpg

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I gotta check, maybe there is a way to massage the baffle to clear the rockers.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I gotta check, maybe there is a way to massage the baffle to clear the rockers.

Perhaps it's time to explore the possibility of an oil catch can? I'll look for this but I've seen a build where a gentleman located his filler neck between the throttle body and the firewall. He also added a catch can inline.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Baffling is a better solution in my opinion. I'll figure something out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
5587451431123902-38d188be50.jpg

I took off a polished stamped steep set that were raised and needed a spacer(i have). They would need a good cleaning but they are cheap and available. But I sitll love the fox's and mu mustome wire loom - tits

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like I said I have a set I know will work, has a spot for a fill spout/breather, stamped/polished steel that I would let go for $20 plus the ride.

GearGambler

Reaction score
I'm using two drivers side valve covers from a 93. Drilled a hole and tig welded a bung on the drivers side towards the front. I use a plastic 3/8 barb screwed into that bung and run the hose to the intake. also tig welded an aluminum plate under the bung as a baffle. They clear the gt40 Iron heads with 1.72 scorpion roller rockers. Also had them powder coated flat black.

joemandew

Reaction score
Why not build a baffle in the fill neck below the hose port? I'm using covers from a 93 with baffles removed, 1.7 rockers and cam with 544 lift, and a explorer intake with an aftermarket elbow and it clears the fill. I've even used a 75 mm throttle body with that setup with no problems. A thicker valve cover gasket helps. Intake barely clears hood though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online