Good weekend gone bad. Pics inside.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Well, they took the cobra to the shop yesterday. So far, without the car on the rack, there's $5300 in damage - only in the rear and side. They haven't even gotten to the front end yet. I'm hoping to find out what else is bad on Monday. The adjuster came out for the gt today. He didn't say anything to me though so I don't know what's going to happen with that yet. I do know though that it has more damage than what is in the picture. I drove it into my driveway and the steering was all wonky. When I checked the front wheels, they're toed in really badly so she hit the driver's wheel too. I'm sure it will just be totaled out. I already have a 2003 gt waiting for me if they cut me a check for the gt.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Ok, didn't really have much to post about it for a while. But here's an update - bought an 03 gt with the money they gave me to fix the 98 gt. They actually gave me more to fix the 98 than I paid for it, so I just bought another car with the money. The cobra on the other hand, they ended up redoing both bumpers, completely rebuilt the IRS, replaced the left rear wheel and tire, quarter panel, light and associated parts.
They finally called me today to pick it up and there's another problem that they didn't see until it went on the alignment rack - the rear subframe is tweaked. Now they can't find one because the part has been discontinued. However, they said if I can find an aftermarket subframe, they will get the authorization from the insurance to pay for it because OEM is not available. Off to make another thread!

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
You have no idea brother, lol. Been 2.5 months without my car now. I also have to deal with the diminished value now. No one in their right mind would buy this car with the carfax it's going to have. Not that I ever wanted to sell it - but I didn't plan on selling my Porsche either, you know? Either way, this car was worth money, now it's barely worth NADA value.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Find a Terminator IRS to throw in it :)
It is a terminator lol.
I got the car back and aside from them not bleeding the brakes, it doesn't look too bad. The driver's door doesn't close the same though, gotta bring that up with them. They also didn't put the radiator cover back on. 10k in damage total.... :/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrence

Members online