Goodbye SN95 - Hello S197

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
That was actually taken right after I started it up in the garage by my wife. She was screaming prior to that (hates being in the carseat if we're not moving) and as soon as I started it she stopped and got interested in what was going on. Within 3 minutes of leaving the garage she was already asleep.

I hadn't been really considering the 10-12 factory exhaust but liked the noise level and crackle of the SVE unit on their site. I like the Borla stuff too, but the price is way higher for what is essentially the same exact thing. I'll probably keep the rest of the exhaust stock as we have emissions testing here in my county and swapping catted pipes back and forth just isn't worth the extra few hp anymore. This thing won't be a heavily modded racecar any time soon. Basic boltons and that will be it.

*shameful sale plug*
If you like Borla, look into SSS Adrenaline or Terminator. Same thing. I liked Borla ATAK, but it was stupid expensive, so I ordered SSS Terminators for $299, sounded the same. I even talked with another 3v guy with the real thing, couldn't tell our exhaust apart. Best of all, made in USA from Texas.
Just trying to save you some cash if you want borla sound without the borla Price.

Other than that, love it.
The only issue I had with the s197 GT500s is they do shelby as one little word. Looks so much better spread out across the rear.

But a sexy car!!!

And I am not certain but I believe the sequentials are a factory thing. I've never seen a shelby without them.

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Reaction score
*shameful sale plug*
If you like Borla, look into SSS Adrenaline or Terminator. Same thing. I liked Borla ATAK, but it was stupid expensive, so I ordered SSS Terminators for $299, sounded the same. I even talked with another 3v guy with the real thing, couldn't tell our exhaust apart. Best of all, made in USA from Texas.
Just trying to save you some cash if you want borla sound without the borla Price.

Other than that, love it.
The only issue I had with the s197 GT500s is they do shelby as one little word. Looks so much better spread out across the rear.

But a sexy car!!!

And I am not certain but I believe the sequentials are a factory thing. I've never seen a shelby without them.

Yea someone out there (can't remember who right now, maybe Revan Racing) makes a vinyl stencil to help you align the letters more like the later cars. Not a hug fan of it with the stripes as they are in the way sort of, but without them like my car it would probably look really good. I think the kit with new letters is like $80 or so though so we will see. When I bought my 95 i sort of knew what I wanted the exterior to look like, and even had a pretty good idea with a GT500 coupe, but this stripeless convertible is making me re-think everything. May have to spend some time in Photoshop soon to come up with some ideas.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with a stock axleback.. Those cars sound sick with a MAC axleback or Magnaflow.. The straight through stuff sorta sounds retarded since the mufflers are by the tips. Especially with an off-road X.

Actually you you would be very very surprised

this is is a coyote but add the displacement of the gt500 and the SC whine.... I think it would be a winning combination!

This is a O/R x and Gt500 on a stock coyote.

He could keep the cats and delete the resonators and be set!

[video=youtube_share;qJULFnU2WG0]http://youtu.be/qJULFnU2WG0[/video]

ProKiller

Reaction score
that is one heck of an upgrade from a honda and sn95!

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Reaction score
Win, I'll keep that in mind. Not going to be able to make it to the cruise-in this Friday but pm me a price on those things. I don't want you to hold them for me though as it may be a while before I can make a move on them.

Pro-Killer, I figure I get half the mileage the honda got, but i have more power than both cars combined and a convertible top. Overall I still count that as one hell of a win :D

jumbowolfe

Reaction score
Ditto what was said above. I have a 2012 GT, and I've heard GT500 axle backs on many 2011-2014 GT's, and they sound amazing for just a $300 muffler add. The stock h pipe and headers on the 2011-2014s (I realize yours is not a coyote) are actually quite good, if you don't want to remove your cats.

I'm still debating on my 2012 whether or not to go with GT500's or Borla Stinger's. The Borlas sound absolutely amazing, but they are double the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayemxBdI0bc

Don't waste your time with a stock axleback.. Those cars sound sick with a MAC axleback or Magnaflow.. The straight through stuff sorta sounds retarded since the mufflers are by the tips. Especially with an off-road X.

OP
OP
mavisky

mavisky

Reaction score
Ended up going with the GT500KR mufflers from FRPP as well as ordered up a set of GT500KR shocks and springs to kill some of the 4x4 look without bottoming out everywhere or being too stiff as it is my daily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online