Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 the best street ultra high performance Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your experience is not a valid reason.
I have driven a Mickey Thompson ET Street 275/60-15 drag radial in the rain at speed on multiple occasions.
So by that reasoning, the MT ET Street is the best 15" tire for the street. Even though it really isn't.

1. I drove mine in the rain!

2. Even sexier tread pattern!
71DjxpkSmWL._SX425_.jpg

Drink mofo drink.........

.........wait, wrong infomercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Accufab racing John Mihovetz Rolling test bed. World record holder for the fastest 4.6 Ford mod motor powered drag car on the planet and OEM supplier for Ford Performance Parts:

“The Manley rod is a serious piece. The original I beam rods lasted reliably up until around 1300 hp. Thus the 300 M rods were designed. There are many other options, Oliver probably being the best, the problem is the wait time. As far as weight is concerned, heavy seems to keep getting mentioned. Just what does that mean and being relative to what? The 4.6 300 M rods are around 650 grams give or take a few. If you look at a comparable Oliver or any other manufacturers rods they simply are heavier. The normal Manley I beam rod is 600 grams.
We have reliably made over 1700 hp with the Manley rod and to date have never, ever bent one, broke one , or damaged one.
We ran over the weekend in Las Vegas testing with the Pro Stock guys for Pomona. 10 passes between 6.79 and 6.73. Best pass was 6.731 @210.96
The best Pro Stock that I saw was Greg Anderson @ 6.82 @ 203.5

10 passes, 10.7 to 1 compression, 40 psi boost and 9200 rpm shifts, I'd call the Manley rod a good piece for the money.
John Mihovetz.

Accufab's Mod Motor Records:

World's Fastest Mod Motor - First Mod Motor Into 8's, 7's, 6's, 5's - First + 200, 210, 220, 230, 240; 250 Mph - World's Fastest Ford Lightning - Fastest Screw Supercharged Lightning - Fastest Screw Shelby - Fastest Turbo Mustang - Fastest Ford GT 1/2 and 1 Mile - Two Standing Mile World Records - PSCA Pro Street Champion - Eight PSCA Pro Street Wins - Seven Time NHRA Record Holder”

OK So it's apparent that you want to use the best of the best for the car. I understand that.

So what are you going to use for pistons? Crank?
I plan to go with a set of Gibtec pistons for mine. Yes they are a bit expensive and probably well beyond what I'll need.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
OK So it's apparent that you want to use the best of the best for the car. I understand that.

So what are you going to use for pistons? Crank?
I plan to go with a set of Gibtec pistons for mine. Yes they are a bit expensive and probably well beyond what I'll need.

Accufab Racing uses JE pistons so I’m going to order a custom set through them.

The Factory forged Cobra 4.6 crank has held up fine in 2000+ HP applications so I’m going to reuse the factory crank as it will hold up just fine to high hp levels.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Accufab?!? Ask them what it’s like to get sued and lose to my good friend Risso. $25m cause of their part failure. [emoji1787]

Needless to say he’s set for life even though his body is jacked up and he died 12 times before they got him stable.

Last edited:

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Accufab Racing uses JE pistons so I’m going to order a custom set through them.

The Factory forged Cobra 4.6 crank has held up fine in 2000+ HP applications so I’m going to reuse the factory crank as it will hold up just fine to high hp levels.

After choosing those rods of thought you would choose a piston like the Gibtecs and a Winberg crank.
The Gibtecs are custom billet aluminum that can be made in .001 increments so you dont have to bore the block walls too thin. They have been designed for strength where it counts and still remain lighter than most off the shelf pistons.
Gibtec pistons can be found in 5000+ hp promods as well. So you know the strength and quality is there.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
After choosing those rods of thought you would choose a piston like the Gibtecs and a Winberg crank.
The Gibtecs are custom billet aluminum that can be made in .001 increments so you dont have to bore the block walls too thin. They have been designed for strength where it counts and still remain lighter than most off the shelf pistons.
Gibtec pistons can be found in 5000+ hp promods as well. So you know the strength and quality is there.

Take a look at the Accufab spec JE Piston with a bulldozer like .196 thick skirt and 400 plus gram weight.
images

Massive .300 wall JE tool steel pin.
images

The custom Accufab spec JE Piston will take any abuse you can throw at it and it’s built to order in any bore size you want.
I don’t see much wrong with a Gibtech piston, but for me, the choice is Accufab’s custom JE piston for many reasons including my preference with dealing with California based companies as much as possible. Both JE and Accufab are in Southern California.

You are correct that you should only hone a cylinder enough to clean it up. My Teksid block should clean up with a.002-.003 home.

I dont see the need for a billiet crank when the factory forged cobra crank holds up fine past 2000 HP

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
well I am just really surprised that you are not going all out coyote....... But that would be a lot of power to handle.
I wouldn’t put a coyote motor in my car even if Ford Performance gave me one for free. I prefer the modular 4.6 Cobra platform that I have now.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I have read something in a ford performance manual once that states
stock 4.6 cobra cranks are good for only 600 hp
2000 seems extreme

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have read something in a ford performance manual once that states
stock 4.6 cobra cranks are good for only 600 hp
2000 seems extreme

Stock cobra crank could never handle 2k. Slobraretard is nuts.

And accufab is the last company you’d ever see me sporting for their “reliability and quality”. Their product technically killed my close friend 12 times before they could get him stable from one accident. Brand new tb on its first run in a nova making 3k hp. He was doing close to 200mph when the piece of shit tb snapped. The butterfly went wide open with no control and he ended up in the worst accident you could imagine. $25m later accufab isn’t allowed to even mention his name anymore.

But go ahead and talk about how great anything from California is!!! Another reason I wouldn’t use anything you claim to be the best.

What a retard.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

And accufab is the last company you’d ever see me sporting for their “reliability and quality”. Their product technically killed my close friend 12 times before they could get him stable from one accident. Brand new tb on its first run in a nova making 3k hp. He was doing close to 200mph when the piece of shit tb snapped. The butterfly went wide open with no control and he ended up in the worst accident you could imagine. $25m later accufab isn’t allowed to even mention his name anymore.

But go ahead and talk about how great anything from California is!!! Another reason I wouldn’t use anything you claim to be the best.

What a retard.

He is definitely in his own world

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
He is definitely in his own world

What a retard.

This whole thread is crazy

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score

What a retard.

You replied to this thread using the best phone in the world from a company that is based in California.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You replied to this thread using the best phone in the world from a company that is based in California.
Yes, please keep ignoring the post about a company you suck off from a state full of liberal morons who made a shitty product that nearly completely ended an honest mans life.

Keep making yourself look like more of an idiot

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your friend probably deserved what was coming to him.

By the way, where is your proof your boyfriend sued Accufab and won?

A man was in a horrible accident due to negligence on their part. He nearly lost his life as he died 12 times between the wreck and when they finally got him stable. His left hip and left half of his pelvic is all metal as well as a large section of his leg. His spine will never be the same again.

And you want to insult him??

Karma has a way of working things out. One would only hope it catches up to you quickly.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
@cobraracer46 - Easy buddy. I’ve given you plenty of space to express your opinions in our public forum. Tread lightly if you wish to maintain a presence here.

Everyone Read This Part

Let the good times roll. I know that this has gotten out of hand and we’re dealing with it. In the meantime just stop commenting in his threads if you don’t agree.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
A man was in a horrible accident due to negligence on their part. He nearly lost his life as he died 12 times between the wreck and when they finally got him stable. His left hip and left half of his pelvic is all metal as well as a large section of his leg. His spine will never be the same again.

And you want to insult him??

Karma has a way of working things out. One would only hope it catches up to you quickly.

Evil,

Where is your proof that your friend sued Accufab for negligence and won a multi million dollar settlement against Accufab racing?

If this 25 million dollar lawsuit against Accufab was true rather than a made up story, then that would have been a huge news story. However a quick news search turned up nothing to back up your wild claim that Accufab was sued for 25 million.

Furthermore, to add more doubt about your wild Accufab lawsuit story, performance parts manufacturers including Ford Performance have documents , waivers that release them from liability due to various circumstances as such products are sold “as is.”

Here is the Ford document that backs up what I say:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/standard_warranty.pdf

Getting back to the meat of this thread, here is a side shot of those wonderful Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 tires on my mustang!

57987868_130419844730164_8588946228764773038_n.jpg

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
@cobraracer46 - Easy buddy. I’ve given you plenty of space to express your opinions in our public forum. Tread lightly if you wish to maintain a presence here.

Everyone Read This Part

Let the good times roll. I know that this has gotten out of hand and we’re dealing with it. In the meantime just stop commenting in his threads if you don’t agree.

I hear you.
All I do is start threads about parts that I use on my Mustang Cobra because I believe such parts are the best. That’s all.

If people want to disagree with me, they can, as I feel that forums are all about having healthy debates as long as the posts are constructive and statements are backed up with solid proof.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Evil,

Where is your proof that your friend sued Accufab for negligence and won a multi million dollar settlement against Accufab racing?

If this 25 million dollar lawsuit against Accufab was true rather than a made up story, then that would have been a huge news story. However a quick news search turned up nothing to back up your wild claim that Accufab was sued for 25 million.

Furthermore, to add more doubt about your wild Accufab lawsuit story, performance parts manufacturers including Ford Performance have documents , waivers that release them from liability due to various circumstances as such products are sold “as is.”

Here is the Ford document that backs up what I say:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/standard_warranty.pdf

Getting back to the meat of this thread, here is a side shot of those wonderful Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 tires on my mustang!

57987868_130419844730164_8588946228764773038_n.jpg

So you want me to drag someone who isn’t on this forum into a discussion that really has nothing to do with his personal life?? That won’t be happening.

And as far as you finding lawsuit that are not grand jury or mass subject lawsuits then no you won’t always find them.

And no waiver what so ever is ever full proof. When a part breaks on the very first use and it’s found that the person who inspected it didn’t notice or pay attention to the fact that the cross shaft that the butterfly is connected to isn’t properly attached then that easily sets you up for a lawsuit. Point in case, 3,500hp twin turbo promod doing 200mph can’t shut the throttle down and a guy ends up head first into a wall at full speed.

You’ve been warned. Learn to comment when you know your place. My patience is wearing thin with you.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you.
All I do is start threads about parts that I use on my Mustang Cobra because I believe such parts are the best. That’s all.

If people want to disagree with me, they can, as I feel that forums are all about having healthy debates as long as the posts are constructive and statements are backed up with solid proof.

Posting about parts you like and insulting others parts are two totally different things.

Speaking up and pushing your opinion on others threads is unacceptable as well in the manner you do.

And by the way, learn how lawsuits work. Something in the manner as my buddy’s case there is what’s called an NDA. That is a Non Disclosure Agreement. It’s not to be spoken of, publicized, or advertised in any way, shape, or form. I’ve been part of 2 of these and know just how much trouble you can get into if you violate them.

Also, one accident and one lawsuit for a company as small as accufab would not be big news. They are small in the business world and 90% of the general public could care less. It doesn’t make for big news so nobody would be reporting it.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
So you want me to drag someone who isn’t on this forum into a discussion that really has nothing to do with his personal life?? That won’t be happening.

And as far as you finding lawsuit that are not grand jury or mass subject lawsuits then no you won’t always find them.

You are the one who first “dragged” your friend into this thread by making up a wild bull shit story about him dying 12 times and then getting 25 million dollars from Accufab.

An extensive google search turns up nothing mentioning Accufab getting sued in the aftermath of a pro mod crash thus proving that evilcw311 is full of shit.

Back to topic at hand : the wonderful Goodyear Eagle gsd3 f1.

Here I am measuring my newly arrived
Good year GSD 3 in the steamroller 315/35/17 . Over 13 inches wide to prove that it is the widest street tire available in that size.

Attachments

• 9BC4CB7E-7BEB-40FD-98D5-0D86103CC217.jpeg
    9BC4CB7E-7BEB-40FD-98D5-0D86103CC217.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81