Got a question for you guys with DUMPED exhaust.....

OP
OP
S

scarface

Ok I did it....sounded good at idle, had a nice deap tone along with the lope of the cams.

Then I decided to drive it. HELL NO..It vibrated the crap out of the interior of the car, and was F'n loud!

SO back to square one. I have tailpipes again. I think I am just going to get some custom tails made exiting out of the rear quarter panels at an angle behind the tires.

Some people say they arent loud, but with Magnaflows, LT's and a blower, it was REALLY bad.

jpajkos

Reaction score
The Drone will be too much to handle trust me. I had my flows dumped and my tail pipes went back on 2 days later.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Mine only stayed off for 5 mins....It only took a trip around the block.

ALITL8

Reaction score
ive got o/r h and flows with factory tips on one of our 97 GT's and mac pro chamber with flowmaster dumps on the other. i like the sound of the tips... the dumps are way to loud inside the car.

blackfang

Reaction score
I dont have to imagine, I hear it everday. LT's o/r x pipe with magnaflows dumped

ALITL8

Reaction score
blackfang said:
I dont have to imagine, I hear it everday. LT's o/r x pipe with magnaflows dumped

yikes!!! i bet thats loud!! get pulled over much?

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
scarface said:
Ok I did it....sounded good at idle, had a nice deap tone along with the lope of the cams.

Then I decided to drive it. HELL NO..It vibrated the crap out of the interior of the car, and was F'n loud!

SO back to square one. I have tailpipes again. I think I am just going to get some custom tails made exiting out of the rear quarter panels at an angle behind the tires.

Some people say they arent loud, but with Magnaflows, LT's and a blower, it was REALLY bad.

Scarface,

are you running magnaflow magnapacks or just the 14" magnaflows?

OP
OP
S

scarface

blackfang said:
Dont come to Charlottesville man....the police would rape you.

blackfang

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
blackfang said:

yikes!!! i bet thats loud!! get pulled over much?
I havent been pulled for exhaust and I lived behind the police station. I just dont drive like an ass.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Police in my town are on a mission to bust anyone that runs non stock exhaust....Damn ricers made that happen :(

jpajkos

Reaction score
The 14 inch magnaflows aren't that bad. There pretty quite for me. If you have hte magnapacks then your nuts man :santa_cheesy:

Nacho

Reaction score
I have dumps and have had them for over a year on my d/d vert. If you like your exhaust all the way to the back, you'll love it dumped. Fumes?!?! I had a hell of a time with those but it wasn't the exhaust, it was that my car was running rich/lean. I finally took care of that and fumes are no problems AT ALL. Drone?!?! Well, dumps do usually mean more drone, but nothing unbearable. It can get annoying at 7am like mentioned above but you'll get over it. I had a prochamber and drone was bad at about 2k rpm which I'm always in. Now that I installed my h-pipe, my drone is at 1200rpm which I'm hardly in, so drone is no problem either. Some of you may argue that my mufflers would be the cause of drone and I agree, but my mid pipe took care of when it droned. I'm running MAC Flowpaths, H, and MAC L/T. Now, about the mandrel bent or the other. Do you really thinks it makes a difference back there? It may make a difference in the induction, but not at the TIP of the exhaust. All it does is direct it, not stop it. I wouldn't spend too much money on mandrel bent tips, not worth it. My .02

ryclef331

Reaction score
331 H/C/I with Long tubes, pro chamber, and spintechs DUMPED.

It THUMPS.

rgs

Reaction score
i dumped mine after the axle. ill try to get some pics soon.

o btw i LOVE the sound

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online