Got a question for you guys with DUMPED exhaust.....

S

scarface

I am going back to my magnaflow mufflers, and I am going to dump the exhaust. I am tired of the way the tailpipes look on the car.

What did you put on the end of the muffler to turn it down?
Did you turn it down at all? MAybe turn it at an angle towards the side of the car?

I looked at all the tips at the parts store today,and all the 45 deg. bends are crush bent. No point in doing that after I have put a full mandrel bent system on it.

*****Paul is going to be soooooo happy when he hears I am ditching the tails!!!! :banana:*****

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
O THANK THE LORD

My tail pipes go over the axle and then come back down, and i unbolted them after the rear axle on the way down, dumps are bassically a 45 degree, or 90 degree curve you put on the end of the muffler to point the exhaust down to hit the ground, you will be ESTATIC once you do this and start it up.

OP
OP
S

scarface

95KBGT said:
O THANK THE LORD

My tail pipes go over the axle and then come back down, and i unbolted them after the rear axle on the way down, dumps are bassically a 45 degree, or 90 degree curve you put on the end of the muffler to point the exhaust down to hit the ground, you will be ESTATIC once you do this and start it up.
I thought you would be happy :) The magnaflow tails dont unbolt, and I dont want to cut them...Ill need them again once a year for inspections.

I guess I just need to try and find a 45 degree bend that isnt crush bent?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
you need to update your sig!
ive posted up in the visual body shop asking someone to do it, and nothing lol.

what do you mean crushed bent

OP
OP
S

scarface

95KBGT said:
scarface said:
you need to update your sig!
ive posted up in the visual body shop asking someone to do it, and nothing lol.

what do you mean crushed bent
mandrel bends are achieved through the heating of the piping before bending whereas crush bent just literally mean that the piping is bent entirely by force. However, the main difference between mandrel bent and crush bent piping is the ease of flow. Mandrel piping keeps the pipe at a constant cross-sectional area throughout a bend which makes exhaust flow easier.
You can see the difference the crush bent looks stretched or wavey in the bends.

97vertstang

Reaction score
when i had dumps in my 97, i got em from autozone.i cut the tailpipes off. got the dumps and put om en , using a clamp.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
This is what i have on my 79 f 150.
bor-20110_m.jpg
Summit and jegs also have all kinds of different turndown tips such as these:

gib-500383_w_m.jpg

hed-17188_w_m.jpg

Lots of choices (very few differences) and they will not hurt flow like the crush bent does
I think i should have went with magnaflow instead of bassani. I am going to get an offroad h and see what that sounds like :naughty:

OP
OP
S

scarface

MeanGrn Gt said:
This is what i have on my 79 f 150.
bor-20110_m.jpg
Summit and jegs also have all kinds of different turndown tips such as these:

gib-500383_w_m.jpg

hed-17188_w_m.jpg

Lots of choices (very few differences) and they will not hurt flow like the crush bent does
I think i should have went with magnaflow instead of bassani. I am going to get an offroad h and see what that sounds like :naughty:
thanks man, thats what I was looking for :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I have had dumped exhaust, I think i will do it a week before i get my new catback kit ;D.....I just cant stand my exhaust being that loud, not to mention the fumes that come inside the cabin of the car :puke:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
F dumps, I'd go with Electronic cutouts FTW!

OP
OP
S

scarface

Fets said:
It has nothing to do with being loud. I cant stand the way the magnaflow tips look. One of them wont stay on the hanger either, no matter what I do.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Fets said:
It has nothing to do with being loud. I cant stand the way the magnaflow tips look. One of them wont stay on the hanger either, no matter what I do.

when you do the dump you exhaust is going to be LOUD :D

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
when i got my stang it had dumped flowmasters. Got rid of that quickly. Bad thing is they took off the stock rear hangers too :nonono:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
I cant stand the way the magnaflow tips look.

Big +1 to that. Im not a fan either, I like the ole 2.5" tips on mine. I hate huge tips.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Fets said:

Magnaflows are fairly quiet crusing mufflers,and I will have high flow cats too.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
After reading everyones post i have the same delima. #1 I to hate the look of my huge 3in tips from my mac catback. #2 I have a o/r h pipe and my car is loud, if having dumps will make it louder, :police: i dont think that would be good for me :police:.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
Fets said:

Magnaflows are fairly quiet crusing mufflers,and I will have high flow cats too.

But that has nothing to do with the sound waves bouncing off the ground and being trapped unerneath your car you will see what I mean when you do it ;D

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
no tails here either but after a while the idle gets to you too deep of a tone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online