Got My Flowmaster Super 44s Installed

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Got it done this evening. The shop charged me $80 bucks. As for how they sound....Hummmm, What else would you expect from Flows. Actually they don't sound as loud as my Macs. I think they need a Lil break in time. Vids to come as soon as i find my cameras battery charger.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
hmm i heard the 44's are like the delta flows ..(quieter) let me know how you like them though

94Vert

Reaction score
the super 44's are louder than my super 40's, so they should be close to the original 40's

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
oh thats cool ...arent the 44's supposta be smaller case sizes??

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, return them, but i know you cant. Anything with SUPER is going to be quieter than the originals point blank. Theres really no break in moment with the flows since its all metal and no packing. Dont expect them to get anymore louder than now. You have a o/r pipe already so youll need new mufflers to get the louder noise/tone :'( Get some original 40's.

Anyways get some videos im eager to know how it sounds.

TheBab

Reaction score
As soon as I can im getting rid of my flows for some borlas...

Flows are too raspy for me.. I like the throaty sound that the quieter borlas give off.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i got the american thunder cat back should be original 40's but i think its quite as shit....i was really dissapointed...i guess i was looking for the sound that my 93 gives off and thats got turndowns and its not a stock motor so i need to think of that also

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
oh i thought that was the force 2 kit that came with deltas and american thunder was the originals ...im gonna be pissed if im wrong

97vertstang

Reaction score
we should make twista the muffler guy, hes been through every single kinda muffler on his stang with different mid pipes. before anyone buys a muffler ask twista!!!!!

94Vert

Reaction score
Twista said:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, return them, but i know you cant. Anything with SUPER is going to be quieter than the originals point blank. Theres really no break in moment with the flows since its all metal and no packing. Dont expect them to get anymore louder than now. You have a o/r pipe already so youll need new mufflers to get the louder noise/tone :'( Get some original 40's.

the only difference between super 44's and 40's is lower interior drone. if you don't believe me just go to flowmaster.com. i've heard 44's and they are loud.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
94Vert said:
Twista said:

the only difference between super 44's and 40's is lower interior drone. if you don't believe me just go to flowmaster.com. i've heard 44's and they are loud.

drone is good. Maybe if i get more power from the engine i would hate the drone, but with stock power the drone is barely there. :rockyou: Just to let him know. They will barely get louder w/o more power from his engine. Flows are just quiet compared to MACS and getting anything with delta and super is going to dissapoint people who want something louder. I went to original 40's from slp and i felt sick to my stomach literally. I just spent $170 for the mufflers+install and they was quiet as hell. I prob. wouldve went into a coma if i wouldve got delta's or supers coming from macs/slp's lol. I had to fix my problem by getting a O/R pipe but he already has a o/r h so it won't change at all really with a chambered muffler. If the muffler was something like mangapacks with a packing inside that breaks down than it would get louder. If he had macs before and it seems he misses the loudness which would be inside the car, than the supers are the wrong mufflers for him.

94Vert

Reaction score
i had my flows before my or x pipe for a little while and they sounded good just not loud enough, once the o/r was on it sounded like :rockyou: but the drone did get worse. its nothing around town but on long trips it does get annoying but it's well worth it.

here is a clip of the 44's. they sound just as good as the 40's if not better just with out the annoying drone. maybe your car has an problem because even with my super 40's i have drone.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/flowmaster+super+44/0/e18b9ca1-6ec0-4f4b-80d9-98f900e545d7.htm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online