got my jlt today...

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well ANYWAYZ, u bunch of homos

i cleaned my throttle body and iac valve and clamped it tighter and made sure there wasnt any air leaking in. i started it up and the idle was much better just a tiny bit rough. i went to put on gas and then came back home. i revved it a couple times to 4k and no CEL and when i got home the idle is smooth as before :thumb: im guessing there was a leak either between the maf or the throttle body. cleaning the iac valve and the throttle body had to help too.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
great, so you can tell its breathing better now right? If you clean that bay, you might gain a tenth or two ;D

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
great, so you can tell its breathing better now right? If you clean that bay, you might gain a tenth or two ;D

If you cleaned your wheel wells, you'd probably gain half a second. ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:

If you cleaned your wheel wells, you'd probably gain half a second. ;)

spank2.gif
spank2.gif

I know I know........soon soon

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
when i first strart it up id doesnt want to idle. it did it again today, than it will run fine but it still doesnt idle like it used to. i seafoamed it, and got some chevron fuel injector cleaner.but it still doesnt idle like it used to. it surges a little. what can it be???? do i just need to give it time??? :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:
when i first strart it up id doesnt want to idle. it did it again today, than it will run fine but it still doesnt idle like it used to. i seafoamed it, and got some chevron fuel injector cleaner.but it still doesnt idle like it used to. it surges a little. what can it be???? do i just need to give it time??? :dunno:

hmmm, that sounds strange.....all you did was put on the JLT right? That should not make the idle go crazy ??? i had no problems with mine what so ever. I dont know why yours is doing that.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:

hmmm, that sounds strange.....all you did was put on the JLT right? That should not make the idle go crazy ??? i had no problems with mine what so ever. I dont know why yours is doing that.
well the foxes have alot of problem with fan wash. i got a clutch fan, so it might be tripping the maf.also the extra airflow might be tripping something???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:

well the foxes have alot of problem with fan wash. i got a clutch fan, so it might be tripping the maf.also the extra airflow might be tripping something???

Ok well Ill go back to my 91, when I put on a BBK coldair kit I had no problems. Then a 76mm C&L massair was put on and still........no problems :dunno: :dunno: I have NEVER had a idle issue on any of my stangs now that I think about it. Im very lucky I guess :angel:

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
thats wierd than, i dont know what could be causing mine :shrug: im thinking the tps, but i dont have a multimeter to check it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
thats wierd than, i dont know what could be causing mine :shrug: im thinking the tps, but i dont have a multimeter to check it.

I was going to ask you about the tps

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
can i move it around to see if it helps any???

you could try it just note where it is right now before you start tinkering with it. Im stumped by this, .....just adding a JLT and now having idle problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online