got my jlt today...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
try unhooking your negative terminal on your battery for 20 mins then see if the ecu resets and relearns the new airflow. let it idle for awhile then take it out and drive it slow for a bit before getting on it.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
alright i moved the tps nothing happens, if remove the iac nothing happens.if i move the throttle screw nothing happened until i screw the iac back on, it idled to 1500 than to 2500.i shut car off than started back on and it idles at 600 but surges. im disconnect the negative righ now see what happens.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
i checked for any broken vacuum hose in case i broke any but i cant find any broken one. i didnt move the spark plug wire it runs fine, it just idles bad. :dunno: maybe my iac is bad???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
i checked for any broken vacuum hose in case i broke any but i cant find any broken one. i didnt move the spark plug wire it runs fine, it just idles bad. :dunno: maybe my iac is bad???

uhhhh could be, it was NOT doing this thing with the idle before you put on that JLT right?

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i could not get it to work right. other boards told me that the turbulence with filter being inside the engine bay with the clutch fan wont work right. so i took it off and the car is idling a lot better, the problem now is i got a sticking throttle body. i dont know if its because i clened it or what but it wont idle below 1200rpm.i can get it to idle below 1200 but when i rev it up it will stick. but it does idle nice , what can id o to fix this sticking problem???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
well i could not get it to work right. other boards told me that the turbulence with filter being inside the engine bay with the clutch fan wont work right. so i took it off and the car is idling a lot better, the problem now is i got a sticking throttle body. i dont know if its because i clened it or what but it wont idle below 1200rpm.i can get it to idle below 1200 but when i rev it up it will stick. but it does idle nice , what can id o to fix this sticking problem???

is it sticking from a build up of carbon or something?

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
i dont know if its the mechanism in the bottom of the throttle body or the throttle body sticking inside. the iac valve is tripping me out too. if i get the idle to say 600, when i plug it in it will jump to 800. now if i throttle it it will stick at 1500 or so and if i disconnect the iac it will go back to 1000rpm or so.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
??? ??? ??? ???........... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: this has got me. Rycleff might be of some help :-\

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well the thottle body is the one sticking. i sprayed wd 40 in the mechanism and it still stick. so i sprayed in the throttle body and still the same problem, u can see where the throttle body stays a little open. so i put another spring in there to make it back down. its stiff as hell but it goes back down. throttle body shopping time :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
well the thottle body is the one sticking. i sprayed wd 40 in the mechanism and it still stick. so i sprayed in the throttle body and still the same problem, u can see where the throttle body stays a little open. so i put another spring in there to make it back down. its stiff as hell but it goes back down. throttle body shopping time :dunno:

have you got another one you could try and see if thats what it is?

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:

have you got another one you could try and see if thats what it is?
throttle body??? no

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
heres the scoop....
if diconnect the TPS it wont stick once i connect it it sticks, TPS bad???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
heres the scoop....
if diconnect the TPS it wont stick once i connect it it sticks, TPS bad???

sounds like its definately something to do with the tps

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeap it was the tps. when i was trying to make the jlt to work i took it off and set it wrong. i installed it right now and set it where it was supposed to be and no more sticking idle.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
yeap it was the tps. when i was trying to make the jlt to work i took it off and set it wrong. i installed it right now and set it where it was supposed to be and no more sticking idle.

so you got everything working ok now?

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeah everythings cool, but the it still doesnt want to idle with the jlt. im going to do a 3g alternator swap and electric fan, than the jlt will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online